Friday, August 22, 2008

Knobs

Last night I had a truly difficult night. I was exhausted, but could not fall asleep due to emotions, nerves, and things of that sort. It was 2 or 3a.m. before I fell asleep and I e-mailed The Guy something and wanted a response about. I had to get up at 6:30a.m. to go to my mom's school and help her out. Not a good night's sleep.

There was also another thing that was upsetting me from last night that I didn't tell The Guy about. My dad in the past week has become wheelchair bound. We're not sure if it is temporary or permanent. He's having a lot of medical issues, but our house is not wheelchair accessible at all and so this has created extra stress on me like helping him up the stairs into the house, making dinner, me doing things like taking out the trash, carrying heavy things, whatever. I'm not complaining, I'm just saying this has added to the physical and emotional strain when I'm already having a lot to deal with.

The Guy calls me at 9:30 and we agree to hang out after 2 something. He didn't go to work today. Bad boy, he is.

I get to his place and the door is locked. Surprise. I knock and he answers. He was laying down sleeping. I notice his cabinets are hung. They look awesome. They have a 3 inch border, then indentation and are really great quality. We compared his to Home Depot's today. He showed me the plaster and painting in the living room. It looks amazing and I was raving about how good it looks. We also discussed paint colors and what color to paint what trim. An off white or bright white. We decided bright white.

The Guy talks about needing the hardware for his cabinets, so we crowd into the office (his kitchen was also in there) and look at door knobs. We go to lowes and homedepot.com. We decide to go to Lowes. I get the directions and we go there. We spend about an hour in there. The Guy suddenly decides he needs to replace all the door handles in his house and spends $120 for 4. Then he decides he needs new dimmer switches because he doesn't like the ones Alfonso just bought. That's another $120. Then The Guy decides he wants new knobs for the closet doors. He finds new knobs he likes for the hall closets and bathroom. We unscrewed the knobs to those before we left so he could replace them. The unfortunate problem was they were out of stock and had to be ordered. He ordered 1 door knob for the bathroom to see if he liked it. The kitchen door knobs he wanted- half moon shaped for the double cabinet doors and rectangular for the pull out drawers weren't in stock and had to be ordered also and shipped to him. He did that. He took a picture of them and sent to Matt and Zach. Zach said that the knobs were TERRIBLE. They looked like they were the Golden Girls house from the 1980s.

Also at Lowes I look for face plates for my electrical plugs in my room since I've been busy painting my room this week. I think white is the safest bet right now.

We go to Home Depot after deliberating whether or not to go to another Lowes. Home Depot has a poor selection of knobs. In there, The Guy talked about how his hopes of those fun knobs were destroyed because of Zach. Zach said the accessories are where The Guy is supposed to have his fun, but have a fun kitchen. I disagreed and we talked about that in the car as The Guy texted and called Zach and Matt.

The Guy and I went to the AT&T store because he is having terrible reception issues with his iPhone. They gave him a new SIM card. The Guy said however he should just buy a new phone and solve that problem and will probably do that. Geez... if I had that kind of money.

On the way home from Home Depot the NY Pizza place was nearby and The Guy deliberated whether or not we should have pizza. I said I didn't know, I wasn't hungry. He decided we would. The line was out the door for the pizza place. The Guy gets on his cell phone and calls in the order and is helped within a minute- what a plan! We get a garlic and cheese pizza. In the 10 minutes waiting for it we go to the ice cream shop next door and he gets a chocolate malt. He deliberated about wanting one of those, but I told him I wasn't saying yes or no he could or couldn't.

We get home and eat the pizza in the office. We watch the olympics on his computer. We watch the relays and he keeps telling me how the girls lost and how he knows everything that was going to happen and hated to ruin it for me, but he knew. We eat and talk about random stuff. Then The Guy plays some Warhammer since he got into the online beta. He shows me the characters he has. We talk about how ugly the male characters are. The Guy's dog is driving us insane while we're in there. He won't sit down, he is running from room to room, trying to lick the plates. Finally I take the plates into the kitchen and solve the problem. We probably spent 2-3 hours in there- from 5-7p.m. at least.

The Guy makes a comment about how reliant he was on the couch and how comfy it was. He said we should go lay down. I agreed. We get his laptop so he can play more Warhammer and I selected a movie on appleTV. I chose "Casanova" after his recommendation of needing a happy, cute movie without any deaths. I almost fall asleep a couple times, but stay awake to manage to see it all.

Then The Guy asks about 9p.m. when the movie ends when the last time was I got off. He said I need to get off before I get home and he pulled his shorts down and got on the bed for me to suck his dick. I pulled mine down and he sucked me off. We sucked each other, he jacked me off, hit my dick against my stomach, squeezed it, and other random stuff. Then I shot my load on my chest and he shot his on his chest. We needed to shower afterward so hopped in. Then we talked about how he is probably going to start dating Matt and things like that and wanted to reassure me of our friendship and though the sex might be gone, we're still great friends. He talked about how he is not sure about how a long distance relationship with Matt will work because he is down in San Diego. He said however he thinks it could because of the train and Matt can do work on it, The Guy meditates in the car while driving down there. He talked about how he might be going down there more often and may ask me to pet sit more. He said he doesn't want to burden me with that- just like when I need away from the parents and stuff, let him know, and if I can't do it, no big deal.

We hugged after we got out. I had a bad allergy attack where I began my usual 5-10 sneezes at his house, then my eyes today started watering. I told The Guy and he comes running with Visine. I had him put the eyedrops in because I never do that for myself. I always close my eye. Having the drops go in hurts like a mother.

After my eyes cleared up, we hugged for a good minute or so and then playfully kissed each other on the necks. We talked about how much we appreciated each other.

Coming home I felt really great- my confidence felt through the roof, and that felt great.

No comments: