Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Therapist after dog sitting

The Guy asked me to dog sit on Friday. He asked if I had anything going on Monday and Tuesday. I didn't give him an answer because I didn't know if I was going to be called to work Monday, I didn't know what time The Guy wanted me, and my painting project wasn't done as of Friday. I managed to get the painting job done. I called The Guy Sunday night and confirmed. It was on. I was glad to get out of the house, especially as a big family issue is coming to head.

I had some nice conversation with him on the phone on Monday like old times. He was on his way to AAA to get his vehicle registration that expired back in March. We chat about everything under the sun I think.

Then I go over to his place about 7. I spend my evening watching my new favorite show "Making News: Savannah Style." I took the dog for a walk. The Guy called me to ask if I saw the $50 gift card on the counter he left for me. I didn't. I walked in and UPS was there asking me to sign for a package. Then I walked into the bedroom because the dog was in his pen whining. He heard me talking to the UPS guy I guess. I completely missed the card on the counter. The Guy also told me to look for the Office 2008 disc for my sister since he wasn't able to set it up so I could easily put it on her computer. I couldn't find that and he joked that I was blind.

I hung around watching more "Making News," then around 1p.m. I had to take off to go to the therapist (about the whole sexual assault incident.) Today was my last free session. It was not pretty- the therapist was worried I wouldn't come back and basically explained to me he was trying to be Mr. Fix It. He asked me what I had done this week and I explained how I've been helping my dad, pet sat at The Guy's, went with Gonzo to the mall last week, and things like that. He said that people are taking advantage of me basically. He basically told me I need to find new friends. Gonzo was taking advantage of me because she doesn't like to drive freeways and I gave her a ride to the mall. I said I didn't see it like that because we were just hanging out and this took a lot of planning because of her wacky schedule. He said older guys like to take advantage of me- my dad and The Guy. I said NOOO. I'm helping my dad and taking him around to the VA and other necessary places because he can't. Then The Guy is too because he's older and his power over me. I was furious and walked out. I talked to The Guy on the phone and we talked about this- he was driving home from San Diego and I was driving home from this lunatic's office. I don't think I'm being taken advantage of- Gonzo and I were merely hanging out, something we don't do enough. There was no pressure from The Guy- he said he could have taken the dog with him or had Jeff take care of him. I basically told The Guy how I thought about it and don't think I'm being taken advantage of, but was sorry about unloading on him, but that's what was going on when he called. I called him and left a message tonight letting him know the therapist was basically worried I wouldn't come back and he wanted me to be sure I'm not being taken advantage of with my friends. I am good at knowing when I am. I don't consider the incident with Gonzo that... or The Guy because there was reciprocation- The Office disc and $50.

4 comments:

Crap Newsman said...

Wow. That's the dumbest therapist ever.

Anonymous said...

the therapist just wanted money! Good for you for walking out!

Aek said...

Ugh, therapist. Lame. -_-

Fancy Pants said...

hey. I enjoy your blog as well, it's good stuff. love the name "the guy" too :) cheers.