Sunday, August 10, 2008

Hunches on friends being gay and a personal update

I guess I have a good gaydar. Every guy I pegged in high school as gay ended up being gay or I found out later. I can think of 4 guys off the top of my head including Eric. Eric was a friend of mine- quiet, shy, but also had an arrogant side to him. He always said he had a girlfriend, but nobody ever saw her. He went to prom with his best friend Kat. He got a job to be with Kat and I saw that they got along great and flirted, but there wasn't that connection like a boyfriend/girlfriend. I always thought Eric was gay. He would deny it vehemently in high school, and even now; I don't blame him.

I noticed however in recent weeks because he became such a myspace whore that he has changed. He updates his myspace status every 5 minutes- with Kat, with Sam, etc. All of the guys on his myspace top 16 are gay. All of the surveys he filled out he'd hint that he is trying out and finding out new things about him AND the questions like do you see yourself in a relationship in the next few months he replied "maybe" or "I'm learning new things." I was thinking GAY- Eric is gay. He is suddenly into Dolce and Gabana, he loves Abercrombie and Fitch, he loves designer sunglasses. He has a really bad fake tan. Really bad, orange glow. Now, he lives in the OC and so maybe he was just trying to fit in and be fake like one of the Real Housewives of Orange County, but I was opting to think Eric was gay. He posted photos of his HOT little chest. Man, he has a great bod and occasionally a guy friend would comment on them. I decided to serve him a comment the other day in the hopes of finding out more and he told me he was going to a new college, had a new major, and things of that sort and said "I am learning new things about myself. haha..." To me that screamed HINT, HINT, I'M GAY.

As I was sitting here writing this, he popped me this comment on myspace... hint...hint...
ITS FUNNY! AS WE GET OLDER WE CARE LESS! CAUSE I AM LESS WORRIED ABOUT WHAT PEOPLE THINK

Last week I noticed Eric joining myspace groups and his orientation changed. He went from straight and took the orientation out on both his myspace and facebook. Thanks to the stalkerish friend updater I have seen that in the past week on myspace he has joined a group about underwear and swimwear. I investigated and the group is a male underwear group promoting exotic male underwear like thongs. He also joined a group titled "straight acting gay boys." Eric likes to race his truck, take his truck into the desert, typical guy stuff, so he hid the gay well... then this little bit just confirmed it.

I love when an intuition/hunch is actually true.

On a personal note, I have come out to 4 friends recently.

I blogged about Dennis before- just can't find the post. I told Dennis on IM after I told him in person. His response was "I thought you were one of my only straight guy friends." I reassured him I could still play the straight guy. Apparently when we met at Fatburger for burgers he missed it when we chatted. We're becoming good friends and in fact went to see Batman together a few weeks back.

Jenn- I have blogged about before. I didn't tell Jenn straight out and still haven't- mainly we've talked about relationships over AIM and I've told her I'm not really interested in guys. Jenn was the one whom I was very worried to tell because her mom would probably find out, Jenn would probably be supportive, but hurt, and so when I was having one of my bad days recently and we were bitching to each other I just let it slide. She told me to go where my heart is. She said that if I want to pursue guys "it may be interesting" and me wanting to is an "interesting thought." Sure, people say interesting when they disagree, but hey, I got that off my chest. I'm sure it is ok with her and won't hurt our friendship.

Elizabeth was a friend from 12th grade who transferred to my school. We were in physics and Spanish together. We were always flirting nonstop. Our friend Victor thought there was something going on between the 2 of us. We sat next to each other, talked, flirted, groped each other, laughed, smiled, and so it seemed possible. We did all group projects together in those 2 classes and daily she told me about her drama with her boyfriend Lewis. Lewis and her had been dating since 7th grade and they were constantly fighting. They recently just broke up for the 2nd time. Anyways, she was asking me about my dating life over Yahoo Messenger the other day. I said I wasn't really interested in girls. I haven't really been turned on, met some crazy ones, had bad experiences, etc. etc. I said that I am in fact gay. She said "oooooooooh," then reassured me that her best friend is gay and really likes the penis also. HAHA. She said she was surprised, but she wasn't going to judge me for that. That of course led to questions as to whether or not I was still a virgin, etc., to which I sugar coated of course.

Then comes best friend- he knows. He said he'll accept my choice, but doesn't want to hear about me dating guys.

Is Eric next? HAHA... I'm going to shoot him a comment back in a few minutes about how we should all hang out, and how yes, i'm caring less and less about what people think and may drop a few hints of my own.

2 comments:

Crap Newsman said...

Congrats! Good thing you have nice friends.

Creative Thinker said...

Look at you, boi... look at you! Feels good, doesn't it???