Thursday, August 21, 2008

Shopping with Gonzo

When Gonzo and I went to McDonalds the other day we decided Thursday we should go to the outlet mall and shop. I was looking forward to that. I picked her up from LA Fitness at 10a.m. this morning and we headed off. On the way over she encouraged me to sing to the songs on the radio because she knows I like to. We sang the Fray's "How to Save a Life" and talked about random stuff.

We went and had our transfat at Burger King. The fries were really good though, and I'm usually not a fry person. We walked around the mall going into Abercrombie and Fitch and Hollister. I was very tempted to buy a green argyle print sweater at Hollister for $25.00. I decided against it however since we just started looking. We went into Journeys, Charlotte Russe, and a bunch of other stores she and I like. We spent a lot of time in the Lucky Brand Store where we were both looking for Lucky Jeans. Didn't have my size.

We went to Banana Republic and I spent a lot of time looking at their winter clothes. They had pullover zip sweaters for $15.00 and so I got a light blue one after Gonzo and I discussed how to wear it and with what. Then I showed her sweaters I like and how I have the worst time trying to match stuff- maybe I'm color blind, but I have a hard time matching anything if it is not a solid color, and even sometimes that is hard. So we picked up a sweater and she walked around showing me what would match and encouraged me to try more wild things. In the back on clearance they had an aqua blue/green buttondown khaki sort of shirt that she said would look really good, so I plopped another $15 down for that.

Down the way was GAP and I found a dark gray sweater. We went back to Banana Republic to find a matching dress shirt for it. Found one, but have a coupon for non clearance items from them online, so wrote down the item number and came home to buy it. We went in Nordstrom Rack and probably spent 45 minutes where Gonzo bought some gray and blue striped shirts and sweaters.

We went in Forever 21 and Gonzo made me try on those glasses that are popular now with the lines going through them. She snapped a couple photos on her phone. She took a couple of me and of course they had to go on facebook and myspace.

The car ride back home was fun also. We talked about school and sang more.

Definitely taking her shopping with me in the future- I was daring today and plus she is good at figuring out what matches.

2 comments:

Creative Thinker said...

Be daring, young man...

Bruce said...

Shopping is just one of the things fag hags are good for; you should try taking Gonzo out to the gays bars with you. They're great in helping to pick up guys, almost as good as a puppy!!! Have a great weekend.