Saturday, August 9, 2008

Dog sitting

The Guy and I have talked everyday this past week. 2 days we had terrible conversations that resulted in a lot of hurt feelings and threats on both of our ends. It was me who was feeling rejected. I don't care to go into that. We have had some pleasant conversations like last night over AIM about the olympics, Linda, and other topics.

I did promise last weekend to dog sit today so The Guy could go to San Diego to do a meditation with a good friend, meet his friend Mike's boyfriend and go out clubbing, then go to his old swim club tomorrow to see the guys he swam with.

He called me at 12 as he was leaving work and I told him I was on my way. I got over here at 12:45. He told me earlier in the week he'd leave at 1. He was doing the dishes as I walked in. I oohed and aaahed at his new kitchen. He had the popcorn ceiling taken down, the walls replastered and painted. His kitchen is no longer lime green with maroon trim. Instead it is now maroon with a cream color. I am not sure I like the cream. It will take a lot of dark accents to help. The Guy is going to carry the cream color into the living room just leaving the maroon wall where the TV is. Not a fan of that. His living room doesn't match as it is, but that doesn't help.

He asked if I was hungry. I said yes and he made some pasta with mushrooms and chicken for lunch. I helped him tidy up and do a couple large dishes like the collander and stuff. While doing that we also did facial peels, watched some of the olympic opening from last night, and stuff like that. The Guy also vacuumed. We forgot to turn on the water for our noodles, so it took 45 minutes for the pasta to be done. HAHA. Fun times though. While we sat and ate I found out The Guy used to fence in college. He was telling me about the moves the girl was making and stuff like that. The Guy ended up leaving at close to 2:30 after showing me how the TIVO worked. He had an error message on it last night and so he is running cords into the office to his computer so he can record the olympics.

When he left I went outside and laid on his patio with my shirt off and read my cousin's book she wrote. I got about 40 pages into it and laid in the sun for about 45 minutes. Don't think I got much of a tan. I'm still pretty white. HAHA

After that I came inside and decided to start the online traffic school for the ticket I got in mid-June. My first ticket ever. Dang. I found one that said it is 8 hours, but could be completed in a few if you read fast. That was the one I needed! They even let you do all the quizzes and pay at the end. I got halfway through in 3 hours. I sat down at 4p.m. to do that, then at 7p.m. I took a break. I did also take a break and had a little more of the chicken and mushroom pasta.

At 7p.m. I decided I'd go up to The Village. It is a big hangout for people where The Guy lives with a lot of mom and pop stores, restaurants, and HOT guys. There are several colleges where The Guy lives and yes, guys cruise for sex up in The Village. I was going to just see what was there- my intention was to not pick up guys. There was some staring on my end. I, however, wanted to see what all was up there as far as restaurants and shopping. This is definitely the hangout. There was a classic car show and so there were lots of people. They were playing oldies on the radio- the Wolfman Jack show and tunes like "It's My Party" by Leslie Gore. Everyone was out talking, dancing, and having a good time. I went from store to store to look around. I went to the toy store, shoe store, clothing store, and a couple record stores. I had a great time. Then I sat outside just enjoying the nice, pleasant evening out. It was maybe 85 degrees.

I got back about 9p.m. and took the dog for a walk since he was so restless. The Guy was really annoyed with the dog and I was too. He was getting into everything, so I took a LONG walk around the park to tire him out.

I got back at 9:30 and about that time had a call from The Guy asking if everything was going ok. He said Jeff would be coming by soon to print something. It is 10:45 and he still hasn't arrived. I didn't think he would. I finished my online traffic school and got 100% on the final test. Now the results are being sent to traffic court and I'm home free! I have been doing a little laundry here and there this evening because it is easy to do and keeps me occupied. The Guy joked earlier that I should have a slave boy come over and fold all the laundry for me and dust.

I'm about to settle down for the evening. I am going to sit in the living room with a bowl of popcorn and read some more of my cousin's book. Hopefully I am tired about 1a.m., which is when I'm hoping to get to bed.

1 comment:

Crap Newsman said...

You should have told him, "You got your slave boy right here."