Monday, August 18, 2008

The photo edition update

Spent Friday and Saturday nights dog sitting for The Guy. The Guy went to Vegas with his friends Zach and Justin. He rented an Audi A6 to go up there and do stuff for his dad's shop. He worked all day Saturday and went out Saturday night. Got a text from him at 10:30p.m. after he was out at a club asking how we were- we meaning the dog and I. I texted him back that I didn't think things were going too well. That was one message. The second message I sent was saying I think the dog was mad at me. Then the third message was because I was eating a delicious cheesecake and he wasn't. I knew The Guy would probably call worried since I was stalling and having my fun kidding around with him. He was probably drinking, so I was being facetious and trying to cause problems. He didn't reply. I left his place about 12 on Sunday. I actually didn't hang around his house on Saturday like he expected me to. I left his place at 7:55a.m. Saturday and returned at 5:30p.m. The dog was fine. I went out to celebrate my dad's birthday with him. I did take his doggy for a walk as you can see in the nearby park twice.



This is a picture of The Guy's house. He is going to paint the wall from this yellow because it clashes with the maroon and paint it the white/cream color you see in the background to go with the maroon wall. This yellow paint has been up as long as I've known him and it doesn't match, but I really love the color.


Today I had breakfast at McDonalds with Gonzo. We chatted for over 2 hours. Got there at 9:45 and left at 12. I questioned her about her relationship with her boyfriend, she asked about me and guys. I told her some details. There was a guy who I went out with once before in the gym who was staring at me the other day. Nice guy, but we're at different stages. His name was Matt. I texted Gonzo when I left to tell her and she had to do some snooping around the gym to figure out who he was. OMG. Embarrassing. HAHA. We're going shopping at a HUGE outlet mall on Thursday.

The Guy wants to take me to dinner tonight or tomorrow night at an expensive restaurant to thank me for taking care of his dog the past 2 weekends. I'm thinking Elephant Bar or somewhere else. I am not going to be shy in asking him to go somewhere expensive because he can afford it and I have done a lot for him lately. I am a friend, but I think a nice expensive dinner would be a good reparation.

Speaking of painting projects- here is Mike's project. I'm painting my room tomorrow. This is just the start of a huge project- painting the whole house. We bought the paint as a test to make sure we liked it before we decide to do the whole house in it. Our house is retro 70s. Parents have lived in the house since the 70s. We repainted the house after a house fire in 1992, but the wallpaper remains. Wallpaper everywhere- bright yellow flowery wallpaper in the kitchen, yellow and blue with flowers in the bathroom (the bathroom was redone in 96, but my mom kept the 70s theme going). The bathroom used to have a really cool red, velvet wallpaper and people said it made the bathroom look like it was fit for a king. I miss it; but I digress. Anyways, in an effort to get our house ready to sell we're painting. The wallpaper will all be coming down much to my mom's shagrin.
The wallpaper you see in this photo will be gone, but we didn't tell my mom that. We just tried to match the wallpaper to make her happy. The wallpaper in the kitchen is going down right before the cabinets come in. There are going to be lots of accidental rips and tears in it. There already have been some. My dad and I had a "mishap" with the wall when we took out some furniture out of the house a few weeks back and a large bit of wallpaper came with us. We really want to make the jump from the 70s to more of a modern look to make the house more easier to rent out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your house looks like that in the series "that 70's show" with ashton kutcher.
lol
it's time to remove the wallpaper