Saturday, August 23, 2008

Thanks for that 4a.m. wakeup call, Mr. Obama

I am not going to go into my personal politics on here, but I was curious. Who was Obama going to choose? When was he going to choose? Text message- that idea seemed kind of cool. So even though I was over my text message limit for the month I wanted to know to see if I got the text at the same time everyone else did, things like that. I signed up Tuesday afternoon. I got a ton of e-mails that day and in the coming days from Mr. Obama. Last night before I went to bed I read reports that Obama had chosen Biden. At 4:18 this morning my phone starts sounding with the annoying sort of polyphonic ringtone sound that the iPhone has alerting me there is a text message. And he chose Biden. Why do it in the middle of the night? Personally, I don't like being woken up in the middle of the night by anything. Especially text messages. More than anything, this annoyed me. I think it would have been cool to maybe do in the middle of the day on Saturday when it is pretty busy, people are out, cell phones start going off and people start talking about who Obama picked. Anyways, that wakeup call was not worth it. I was hoping for a surprise.

Oh, by the way, I got my e-mail about Obama's pick at 2:34a.m.

And for the record I looked up the zip code for Miami Florida when I entered my information on Barack's website just because I presumed people on the east coast would find out before us people 3,000 miles away and 3 time zones away on the west coast.

No comments: