Saturday, September 13, 2008

Need a drink?



Mom and I went to Bardsville Kentucky. We ventured on the Bourbon Trail- we can't not go drive along there and not pick up any souvenirs. So we ended up at the Makers Mark Bourbon Distillery in Loretto KY. My mom joked after venturing so far out in the middle of nowhere that she'd probably need a drink (she doesn't drink). Well, we took the tour seeing how they make bourbon whiskey and then of course got to sample some. I tried 130 proof, then 3-4 others in the process until you get to the final product. My mom said she was driving and if I wanted to I could. Of course I did. So she took pictures as I drank away. I also dipped my own bottle of bourbon whiskey's wax cap.

Of course we had to find our way back and that required another drink, so we stopped at the Jim Beam Distillery for some samples.