Friday, September 26, 2008

Think outside the box

The Guy and I were up late leaving each other comments on myspace. We both couldn't sleep. Matt, his new boyfriend, his now ex-boyfriend called him at 2a.m. drunk and upset. Matt called on The Guy's house phone, which is a number few have (I'm one of probably 3-4 people). The Guy just said he was surprised that he had this number and Matt took it to an extreme and was very blaming, wanting The Guy to commit to a relationship, was upset about the distance, and things like that. Basically they agreed to end things. The Guy told me he probably wouldn't have ended it if it were Ben who had hurt him worse, but Ben had that "thing." I didn't find this out until I got to his house, but it explained why we were both up playing around on myspace.

Anyways, we finally met up on AIM this morning and chatted about what we were doing, the weather, the sky, and just about everything else this morning before I took off for school. He told me to come over afterward- just show up. I call him once and leave a voicemail on my way from school at 12p.m. asking if he hungry. He didn't call back. I sent him a text and asked, "hungry?" No reply. I was going to eat, but I figured since The Guy pulled a muscle in his back on Tuesday when he was clipping his dog's toe nails he was pretty much confined to the house and didn't have much food, so i'd just pop in.

I get to his place and he asks me if I'm hungry. I said yes. He checks his phone since it was on the kitchen counter and he says "yes," in response to me asking if he was hungry. I was tasting sandwiches, but he suggested the healthy grille place up the street from his place. He says I'd have to go get anything we wanted, and I volunteered. I was hungry! I was even willing to pay, but he insisted because his mom gave him some loose $5 bills the other day adding up to $25 or so, so he said his mom was treating us.

While waiting for the food I hear the Ben, Matt, and other friends stories to get caught up on everything since we hadn't seen each other in a week. The Guy also says to avoid everything he "Knows a place..." He just downloaded the Petula Clark CD and we went in to the office to listen to it.



The Guy joked he loved how I had Petula Clark on my iPod because it shows I'm such a fag hag.

I got the food, came back, and we ate our salmon, potatoes, and bow-tie pasta. It was delicious. Afterward it was like old times where we lounged on the couch-him laying down with his computer and me at his feet, with an episode of "Law and Order" playing in the background. We both fell asleep soon however. We probably slept for about 30 minutes before the dog woke us both up when the FedEx guy was at the door. The Guy ordered pain meds off the internet because he didn't want to go to the doctor. He ordered something that sounded really good- that's all I can say.

The Guy takes his new pills, which I talk out of him and discover he ordered online. He said he knows how to order "good shit" and he went to wikipedia to check what the drug did. Apparently at 20mg you start to feel high- the 1 pill was 10mg. The Guy figured he should try that to make sure he got the full effect. He kept asking how long it would take. I told him maybe 30 minutes for it to kick in- and it did within that time.

The Guy had me install Warhammer, his new MMORPG on my computer. I did- I just installed it. I didn't think to download the patch, and he reminded me later that I should know this by now, not wait for him, think outside of the box, use MY mind... yadda, yadda, yadda.

The Guy and I go back to laying on the couch after discussing our favorite new mess, Sarah Palin. She is awesome (not necessarily saying I support her), what can I say? She has given us a lot to talk about and call each other up randomly to discuss, or just sit around browsing the internet seeing what we can dig up. The Guy thinks she is the devil. I tend to play devil's advocate. See why we make a great team?

After we searched the entire internet- literally came to the end of the internet- there was nothing more, The Guy whispers, "Mike... Mike... Mike... I have an idea..." I asked him what it was. He replied to the effect that he thought he had eggs and baking soda, but needed chocolate chips and butter. I said "oh." He said he was just thinking. He wanted to make sure he wasn't using me or taking advantage of me and I said nope, never. He went into the kitchen, looked around, and told me to go to Target to get those ingredients as well as a treat. I did. Drove to Target and got the ingredients. The Guy wanted Quaker rice snacks, but they only had caramel. I just bought him a Hershey's Cacao candy bar instead as a treat. I didn't buy any milk, though it crossed my mind when The Guy was going to make cookies- I could have called him though, or thought out of the box as he told me later.

I get back to his place and put the stuff in the refrigerator. He asks what I bought and I told him to go look. Next thing I know he is in the kitchen with 2 mixing bowls putting his eggs, sugar, etc. in the bowl and having me get a mixer, beaters, and things like that out. He didn't even look at a recipe which surprised me. He knows his chocolate chip cookie recipe by heart- he uses the Nestle Toll House cookie recipe. He surprised me by how precisely he measured everything for his cookies- he doesn't do that for most other things he cooks where his philosophy is the more, the better. The Guy warned his cookies always come out really flat, so we stood there in the kitchen eating batter by the spoonful and it was DELICIOUS. So rich!!! The Guy finally made about a dozen cookies for us. We sat in the living room eating the cookies- The Guy made the cookies really large and we each had 3. There were 6 left over that he put on the refrigerator to cool.

We sat down and watched an episode of "Family Guy" and both fell asleep. We probably slept 2-3 hours I'm guessing. I am not sure when The Guy got up to go lay down in his bedroom, but he did at some point when I was still asleep. I got up, went to the bathroom about 8p.m., then went in and told The Guy I better take off. I could have laid back down and slept another several hours.