Monday, September 1, 2008

Technical support

Our internet was acting up this morning. We have this all the time. This morning it was the usual PPPOE server. We reset the internet about 10 times in 2 hours. I got fed up and tried to work on the new router I had to install. Did not work. I was so frustrated I started calling The Guy about 12p.m. I called and the phone rang once, then disconnected, I called him 6 more times. He called me once or twice and each time there was nothing on his end. I finally e-mailed him and he called me. He asked what was going on and I told him. We spent almost an hour and a half trying to set up the Apple Airport Extreme router to no avail.

At 1p.m. he said to bring it over and he'd reset and update it. I get in my car and drive over. I get over to his place, walk in, and he sounds really groggy. He's in the office and buying some gold in DDO. We talk for a few minutes about DDO and I run an instance with him on his laptop and him on the desktop. We talk about how badly my sister treated me this weekend. That's another post that I may or may not write- but basically she told me I was gay. She was trying to find something to bother me and that did. I had a real bad night Saturday night and called The Guy crying, even though his boyfriend (or soon to be) Matt was there. He calmed me down.

Anyways, The Guy realized he didn't want to play DDO because his head hurt. He played around with the router trying to fix it. He also went on Amazon.com and ordered a new Drobo storage device because his failed. It is $500, but he figured version 2 of the Drobo is better than the first. So he bought that and a 16 foot USB cord for his video camera. I wouldn't pay another $500 for another of the same product that didn't work more than 2-3 months.

We also had to talk about our new favorite topic. Mrs. Sarah Palin. The Guy talked about what he was reading online about how her daughter is pregnant, how she is not home with the kids, and how he is tired about abortion and gay marriage rallying up Republicans causing them to turn out and vote and decide elections. I really like to talk politics with The Guy. I think it is because I can play both sides well on a lot of issues, or add some tidbits of information he might not have heard. When he brought up her pregnant daughter I mentioned how she seems power hungry and will do anything including exploit her kids. Would you exploit your child like that just for the sake of becoming VP? Wouldn't you try to be there for her or cover it up? To me, being a young kid and hearing it played out on TV I was knocked up or knocked a girl up and having a mom be so open about it rather than try to protect me doesn't play well with me, so I brought that to the table. I know it is an issue that is bound to come out, but you'd think Governor Palin would have taken extra steps to protect her kids.

Anyways, we went in and laid down on the bed and watched XMen. I thought I was going to pick, then he did. I had the Apple remote, though. He took it and put on XMen. We got about 3/4 of the way in the movie and then it got too fake. He put on an episode of the Colbert Report from last week. I had already seen the clip he wanted to show me, but watched intently. Then he wanted to know what Bill Maher said, so we looked for him on iTunes. Couldn't find him, so we found him on youtube and then went in the office where we played a few more minutes.

Then he wanted to go back to bed. He has had a bad ear infection for the past 3-4 days, but can't go to the doctor until tomorrow.

I left about 6:30 and am going to try the router later since I have a few more ideas and now that it has been reset.

No comments: