Friday, September 12, 2008

Vacationing in Louisville KY

I'm in Louisville KY for my dad's Army reunion. FUN STUFF. I love traveling. Love visiting people. Got to see some family in Indiana yesterday. Toured my dad's hometown yesterday. Got to see his old house and where all the family lives. Got to see my aunt/uncle (my dad's cousin and his wife, but I call them aunt and uncle). Got to go to the Louisville Sluggers Museum today (had been there before). Walked all around Louisville. We toured a candy factory where they were making jolly rancher like fish, which we got to sample warm. SOOOOOOOOOOOO good. I bought Gonzo and my other coworkers those and red hots that are about the size of Jolly Ranchers for souvenirs.

My mom came along this year and we're having so much fun. We're going everywhere and doing everything. It is just so relaxing to get away!!! I feel so relaxed, which is good because of what lies ahead. Tomorrow we're going to northern Indiana to see my uncle's in Cali's house he is building. A fun car trip with me playing backseat driver and controlling the radio!!! WOOT WOOT!!!

BTW... we asked for a compact car and they didn't have any. We got a Mercedes ML320 SUV. It is NICE!!! The closest my parents will ever come to driving one. AND we're only paying $17 a day for it!!!

Almost all radio stations in the Louisville area are country- there's at least 5 of those, then 1 oldies station, 1 urban, and 1 or 2 rock. In Cali there is such variety. I like country. My parents don't. We're listening to the oldies station though, which has much more variety than KOLA or KRTH in So Cal. So props to WAKY 103.5.

One random note about KOLA- they now play Jesse's Girl since they've expanded their playlist to play classics (60s-80s). I was flipping in our car and it came on the radio. I started singing and my mom and I both belted out into song. Then she talked about how it is one of the "new" songs KOLA plays that she knows. So in honor of that bonding with her...

1 comment:

Aek said...

I'm glad you're having fun and relaxing on this trip. You so needed it, and it's well-deserved too.