Monday, September 29, 2008

2003 AP Euro lesson

Ms. W, my AP Euro teacher was by far the hardest teacher I ever had in high school. I received a "C" first semester and I worked my tail off for that. Second semester I did far worse and had a "D-" at the semester, and this was the only time I kissed up to a teacher and begged for a better grade. It worked- she said I deserved it etc. because I worked so hard and she knew I was going to pass the AP Euro test. I did. She gave me a "C+" instead of my "D-," which was a relief because I didn't have to retake history in summer school. Her test questions were long multiple choice questions that each had an essay answer, and all sounded so plausible- and most were, but 1 or 2 details were off. But I wanted to talk about an experience I remember in the class, not my grade.

I remember nearing the AP test- probably a week before there was a fire drill. Ms. W had just passed out booklets that she had explaining what the EU was when the fire drill happened. She said to take the booklets, to go outside to the football scoreboard, which is where we were supposed to stand. It was one of those long firedrills where the fire chief comes and then rips everyone another for taking so long to evacuate the school and if this were a real fire...

I remember Ms. W saying this would be a long fire drill, and that was why we were to bring the booklets along with us. We made ourselves comfy on the grass below the scoreboard and she began talking about the EU, the EU money system, how a country joins, and things of that sort. Then, she said this, which has still stuck with me today...

The U.S. is at the end of being a superpower for reasons like credit problems, rising prices, we're making more foes than friend sin the world, etc. Our economy is going to fall as the EU rises. When the Euro started rising in comparison to the dollar, I remember thinking what Ms. W said was true. Ms. W said the EU is going to become more and more accepted. She said that the EU is probably going to have to pull the U.S. out of where it is heading. I remember thinking, yeah lady... in 100 years. And now, today, I wonder if this day is sooner than I had thought with all of the credit and housing woes. If this $700 billion bailout doesn't happen I'm pretty sure we'll be in a depression. Will Europe pull us out?

Ms. W continued talking and said that this was her theory on how the world would end. She was not particularly religious- she was a non-practicing Episcopalian. She said that the U.S. will surrender to the E.U., China will too because their economy is so dependent on ours, hence everyone would be united together- world peace. Then the stuff that is mentioned in the book of Revelations would happen and that would be the end. I remember Lisa, my good friend, and very Christian friend asked why none of this was in the Bible and how Ms. W knew this. Ms. W said she didn't, but this was her opinion, but also what she thought based on her study of the E.U.

*** Another random thing from AP Euro since we're on such a happy note and talking about end times... Ms. W gave a lesson on the Catholic Church and popes once. She printed off a list of the Pope, their picture, and why they were chosen to power if it was known. I remember Ms. W saying what was said in the news after John Paul II died that this next pope (Benedict) was to be a transitional pope, only to be around a few years. Then there would be one final Pope after him... I found that whole idea mindblowing. How did she know all of this?

Well, whether we are end times or not, I wanted to share because I was thinking the other day how everything that Ms. W said about a big problem the U.S. is facing now seems to be coming true. Sure, credit, buying things on credit, of course will lead to problems, the housing market, etc. but back in 2003 I was a sophomore in high school and just couldn't imagine that.

2 comments:

Aek said...

That's kind of eerie. But I don't know, I guess I've suspected that at current rates, the US was bound to encounter something like this sooner or later. Perhaps it'll make us get our act together and haul our lazy asses into gear.

Crap Newsman said...

This isn't new to me. For months now we have been talking about financial collapse on a popular message board. It was "predicted" around August, with some saying it will be September. When August came and no financial meltdown happened, I heaved a sigh of relief (boy, was I wrong!) Anyhoo, I wanted to tell you about the papal prophecies. I read it shortly after Pope JP II died. It's very interesting. This is probably where your teacher got her ideas. There's a wikipedia entry on it here. It says that JP II was the second to the last pope. So the current pope is the last pope, and the next one will be the anti-Christ. (seriously, doesn't the pope look scary with his red Prada/Gucci loafers and hats?) I also want to tell you about Bush Sr.'s NWO speech (where he himself said the magic words: New World Order) just before he attacked Iraq. Guess when he said that? September 11, 1990. That's right. Exactly 11 years before the 9/11 attacks. His speech can be found on youtube.

Also, Vicente Fox himself has said on Larry King that there WILL be an Amero, it's supposed to replace the currencies of the US, Canada and Mexico. But before that, there will be a North American Union ala EU. Lou Dobbs was the only mainstream media that reported on it. (You can find them on youtube or google.) We have been talking about how the US has to "collapse" for the people to accept a one currency with their neighbors. Sort of to "save" them. Well, let's hope it's all not true. But it's better to be informed. I suggest you visit this site. It's full of fascinating stuff.