Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Mike goes casual

Walked into work yesterday with an unshaven face. I hadn't shaved since Saturday. I was wearing black Reebok track pants. I had on an OP hoodie. First thing my boss says is "that's the most casual I've seen you- I didn't know you did casual." I said I was going for comfy and casual today. She laughed and said that's cool.

Mr. B however saw me and called me out on it. He said he was shocked how casual me, of all people dressed. I laughed it off. Mr. B wears a suit and tie everyday and is always talking about how it is so important to dress professionally. He said he wasn't sure he was ok with me doing that and how he sees me rebelling in so many ways. The only reason he thinks I'm rebelling is a comment I made questioning what someone had done that I disagreed with and he was skeptical about it. Totally unrelated.

Mr. P saw me and he said I was styling. He said I can definitely do the hoodie look (it was the first time I've worn a hoodie to work) and he told me that the track pants are definitely me and they look good. Mr. P teased me about my new look asking who I was out to impress and he was going to have to check them out. I love how he is so gender neutral "them."

At least I didn't run into the principal yesterday, who most definitely would have said something and it wouldn't have been good.





No comments: