Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanks for keeping me sane

The Guy and I texted last night. He was having an interesting night and I was too. We were both going further in our relationships with people. He said he needed someone to hang out with today and thought I did too.

He calls me at 8:50 this morning and I was still laying in bed. I have a new bed/bedroom set. The bed is so comfy I just didn't want to leave the bed. I got up and ate once we talked and he told me to come over whenever.

I get to his place at 10:00a.m. He is working on the iTunes music server he is trying to set up. He asks if I think he should call technical support and he does. He doesn't get any results. In the meantime I tell him about someone I will be meeting this weekend. He was very supportive and gave me a pep talk, which was nice because it showed he was caring of this. Then came his news. HE FUCKED JOSH. So last night Josh and him were together. They were in bed and The Guy fucked Josh, then Josh fucked him. The Guy was telling me how amazing it was and how he had a great time. He told me about the day yesterday. After he is off the phone with technical support he runs around straightening up the house and telling me how he bought Josh $400 Dolce and Gabana sunglasses and close to $600 in jeans and clothes. Josh has never really had that person who just bought him everything. Josh, like me, is not one to spend a lot on a shirt. Josh was not going to spend more than $60. The Guy just told him you're getting it, so Josh got $600 in clothes. The Guy bought the Hugo Boss shirt he had meant to buy on our shopping adventure a few weeks back. He got it on sale for $65 instead of $135. The Guy tries the shirt on and models it for me, then he lays down on the bed to play with the dog. The Guy gives me some glutamine and really good pasta sauce because he bought in bulk again and has too many. I gladly take some. We talked about the Black Friday stampedes that killed that Wal-Mart worker, how disgusting that was, how Wal-Mart deserves a big ass lawsuit, and that The Guy told Josh he wants shoes for Christmas. The Guy said that he also wants Josh to free up a weekend next year to take a trip with him.

The Guy asks if I want to go swim. He had told me that I needed to bring my swimsuit when I was on the phone with him this morning. I said sure. We go to the country club and we change in the locker room while talking about Josh. Josh. Josh. Josh. Anyways, we go out to the jacuzzi and he turns it on. He has a hard time doing that. We chat some more. He tells me how he feels unfulfilled i that he is not getting his papers done for school and how he knows he can do it. He said I need to plan a study day with him and so I asked when. Tuesday we're going to study. I'm going to sit him down and we'll crack the books. I have a Spanish linguistics midterm I really need to study for. He tells me how Johs and him went to the South Coast Plaza last night and then everything that ensued. He tells me how he is bothered he is with Jackie and family today. I said not to worry. He tells me how his parents are against meeting Josh, do not want to, think Josh is not right for him, think that he is begging for trouble by choosing a straight guy. I said I agree and he talked about how I felt like I'm supportive, yet he knows my biggest fear is him being crushed. He said it is too late because what has happened has happened and he is glad for it, but scared of being hurt. I told him that the reason I was supportive is I'm better off today for knowing him. I told him how I was kind of like in Josh's position of being on the border of being labeled gay/straight and he wa that support I needed. He looked at me in the eyes and asked if I was serious. I said yes. He asked if I needed that support and I was about to cry and said yes. He got the idea and said "thanks," then followed it up with he doesn't think he does a lot and was surprised I mentioned he made me feel comfortable with myself, which Josh says.

Then we transition to the pool. I get in a lane and he does too. I swim, or try to swim 1 lap back and forth. I am not a good swimmer. I was taught to kick your feet a lot and some basic arm motions. I am not a fan of swimming, but recall that The Guy was a swimmer, a water polo and swim coach. He saw me struggling and told me to come over to his lane. He asked me to show him what I was doing, then he told me that he saw my problem. I'm not using my quads when I swim. I'm using my knees to kick and that is my problem. He told me to keep my legs straight and try to use my quads. He showed me the motion of the freestyle stroke and told me how to flip in the water. The Guy gave me his kickboard and then pulled me out in the water, had me watch him under water to see how his legs moved, and things like that.

We get out of the pool and go into the sauna. NOTHING HAPPENS THERE. There was on old wrinkled guy in there with us. The conversation was minimal- mainly me thanking The Guy for helping me swim. He puts too much water in the sauna and it pours out tons of steam. We were sweating badly and we ended up putting towels over our heads to be able to bear it. Troopers, we were. After, we get out, shower, and go back and put our clothes back on.

We go to a small market on the way home where he gets some ham hocks and black beans. He also buys fajita mix, some tenderloin for fajitas, and a few other items. We then stop at the florist for fresh flowers. The Guy has had fresh flowers in his house since Josh's birthday. He talked about what a nice touch to the season they are. We go in and look around, he picks out his individual flowers, then takes them up to the florist to make the bouquet. THe Guy spends $30, which he says is reasonable because the flowers are so unusual. I only know he had a couple daisies in the mix, but it looked very fall like. On the way he is telling me how Josh concentrates so hard during sex and The Guy is worried- like can you smile, laugh? Josh is constantly worried about keeping an erection.

We put the groceries away at home and he chops up the onions, the bell peppers, and chiles for the black bean soup. We talk about not overpowering the soup too much with peppers where it is inedible. We then "PLEDGE." The Guy cleans up and we run the vacuum, then dust, hence the Pledge. I even dust the blinds. The Guy talks about how he feels like he doesn't do enough for me. I told him about my bedroom and hinted in a bad way I could really use a new TV. He asked what he has given me- a DVD player, but that's about it. He asked if I had an Apple TV and reminded him he said he might get me one for my birthday. He forgets sooo much.

As we're standing in his bedroom after he cleans the electronics and I clean the blinds Mike calls. Remember Mike? Mike who is continuing to harass me. He did the same thing. He called Thanksgiving wishing me a Happy Thanksgiving. Then he called Thursday night asking if I wanted to go shopping at the outlets. Then he called at 8a.m. Friday wanting to know how my Christmas shopping was going. The Guy laughed when he called and I gave him the phone. The Guy picked up and the conversation like this:
The Guy: Hello
Mike: Is Mike there?
The Guy: Mike is here. This is his friend The Guy.
Mike: Where's Mike?
The Guy: I just said Mike is here. Mike doesn't really want to talk to you. You don't seem to get it. Mike has told you very nicely several times that he is not interested in you. You have talked to his dad (he hasn't, but he told Mike he did last week when he also picked up the phone), now you're talking to me.
Mike: Mike never said that.
The Guy: Ok... dude... maybe you're playing stupid, but he really doesn't want to talk to you. You need to take this number out of your phone, forget him. Mike, do you want to talk to him?
Me: I raised my voice and said no.
The Guy: Please, erase this number.

The Guy chats with Zack on AIM and a few other friends while I sit next to him and he obsesses over Josh. I keep reminding him to stay in the moment. He lights candles and stuff in case Josh comes over.

Then we decide to go to CVS to get laundry detergent since he wanted some special color soap. Then he gets zip lock bags, lots of zip locks since they're on sale. Then he buys 700 Christmas lights since he wants to get in the holiday spirit. He talks about how he has hung garlands from his carport in the past. We get the stuff, then spend about 20 minutes in the body soap aisle. He is tired of his Aveda Rosemary bath gel and it is expensive. We open nearly every bottle and smell every flavor. He finds one or two he likes, but says they're "too cheap." He says we need to go to Sephora; so we find our way in the car on the way to Victoria Gardens. In the car we chat about Josh again. He said his mom made a comment that The Guy doesn't date guys who are at his level. He always dates down. He doesn't date guys as well educated. I said I agreed. He said it is true and gave me a couple examples of Danny, which was the last person he introduced to his parents and was a couple years back. His parents never met his ex Mike. He vouched for Mike saing he was getting his degree. I said I think Josh is one of the better guys he has talked about, but I wanted to know what he saw in him. I said he is goal oriented and that is a good thing. He wants to be a firefighter. Josh said that is it; Josh is so passionate and has the drive. He might not be able to discuss semiotics with Josh, but he could explain it and he would listen. He treats Josh as an equal and lets him boast about firefighting, and how he is into his field.

Sephora closed at 7. Victoria Gardens closes so early on Sundays. The Guy was upset because he went out all this way, he was so underdressed, and there were still people shopping at 8:05 in the store when we arrived.

We go back to his place, I reiterate how he needs to focus on himself. He assures me he is ok. We put the CVS stuff away and the soup still isn't ready. He makes me a smoothie with peaches. It was delicious. We drink that; that was no dinner. Oh well. We hug, then I say goodbye at 8:20 or so.

No comments: