Monday, March 7, 2011

Big Lots... of junk

Over the weekend while I was gone my mom went to Big Lots. They were having a customer appreciation sale or something and your entire purchase was 20% off. I can't stand that store. It makes me sad. It is always so trashy. The aisles are littered with toys and so much of what they sell is just tacky. A part of me just dies inside. Actually, I have some good memories of going to Big Lots when I was a kid with my grandma. A lot of the aisles have just junk, though. I can walk through there by myself just fine, but when my mom comes into the picture I get annoyed. She came home with so much junk. She got me some memory foam slippers I'll never wear and that have already found their way to the trash. She got some Nutrisystem frozen dinners nobody will end up eating, some Nutrisystem Chef Boyardee looking containers of pasta that just look nasty. She bought Pringles that nobody will eat. She bought some random Snickers energy candy. She bought 4 monster boxes of Bisquick. I'm all for stocking up, but we don't have the room and the boxes are now sitting up against the large cabinet in the kitchen with all of the canned and boxed goods. And we'll have all of this stuff until the end of time... or until I go on a cleaning spree in a week after she has forgotten about it. What a waste of money to save 20% off...

3 comments:

Mind Of Mine said...

It sounds like TK Max to be!

I detest that store!

fan of casey said...

Mike: You dumped the foam slippers? But they are so soft and squishy.

Sounds like a spring cleaning is in order and you can donate the excess to the charities of your choice.

Anonymous said...

.