Sunday, March 27, 2011

Final Spring Break Wrap Up

Thursday
- Subbed @ my middle school - great day! The teachers I subbed for love me and I was done by 10:45
- Ran from post office to post office and finally to city hall to get my passport - $200 later, many hours of frustration and running around, and many forms later I have applied for my passport
- Met my cousin at 1:45 to catch up over lunch at Rainforest Cafe
- Food was ick and waaaaaaaaay overpriced, but conversation was great
- Saw Mars Needs Moms
- Mike texted me and we decided to meet up after my cousin
- He had to run to the store, so I killed time in the mall, then headed to his place
- He made his fake out for me- vegetarian pulled pork and mashed squash/white potatoes
- I made dessert of white chocolate dipped strawberries
- Yay for a fellow white chocolate guy!
- Watched American Idol and was much relieved to find that Casey was saved
- Played around

Friday
- Played around even more when we woke up
- Mike had to work, but he gave me the computer and I spent some time looking at weekend happenings, Huffington Post, CNN, NPR, and facebooking
- When Mike was done with work he asked me to look up Yosemite and said we should go there, spent about an hour looking at that, checking out road conditions only to determine Sequoia may be a better option... he was hesitant since he'd never been
- Looked at Phoenix, Vegas, San Diego, San Luis Obispo, and Santa Barbara
- My vote was SLO
- Snacked on Michelob and CPK frozen pizza while we planned
- Mike got sucked into work when he had to book all of his travel for the next few weeks, then change some reservations he had already made
- We talked about our want to visits as far as travel- mine include México and Spain. His include Poland, Ireland, and a few others.
- Decided about 7pm when he was finally done to go to the Mexican place we went to a few weeks back to see what busy looked like
- Los mariachis were fun and there was a group of 12 of them
- We sat in the bar and I translated la música
- A Mexican band came on after and everyone made their way out to dance
- Fun times sitting, talking, and eating... expensive times... 2 drinks, enchilada and taco plate, shrimp salad, and guacamole and $80 later...
- Back at his place we watched some of his Tivo
- Fell asleep to "Inception"... bad movie.
- I felt like all arms as the 2 of us were trying to cuddle... I couldn't get comfortable and seemed like my elbows and arms were in the way when I was trying to cuddle up to Mike

SATURDAY
- Woke up and he was working again
- I watched TV while he worked
- He said we needed to go where it was warm, which meant Palm Springs
- We decide on a happy hour at The Palms Steakhouse, which didn't open until 4:30
- The Mexican place across the street was busy, which meant no margarita for us
- We decided on a taco and Corona at Fishermans... soooooooooooooo hit the spot!!!
- We walk up and down Palm Canyon/Indian Trail
- Stop in Gaymart for my cruise attire
- Fun times seeing Mike inside that store... lol... he's very modest... he went there for me... hahaha
- At 4:30 we head over to The Palms
- I order an apple martini because I was transfixed by the dry ice in the drinks

- cheap drinks there
- ordered mussels and their chiles... the chile was good, but I was still hungry and wanted another 2-3 of them
- Head over to Camelot to see Lions
- Lots of oooing and aaahing and feeling sad for lions
- It ended on a downer
- Mike added me on facebook while we were at the theater... a big step... got some comments on it from friends... lol.
- He teased/made fun of me for a few things related to my facebook page
- Talked about desserts we could eat heading home... must be sugarless... he's on a sugarless diet until our cruise... that's how he loses weight
- Belted out the hits like this... they always play this when we are in the car

As well as Sugarland's "Stuck Like Glue"!
- Tried to find the Stater Brothers near my aunt/uncle's house for dessert
- End up at the Ralphs my cousin works at as he is getting off
- I text my cousin that I met up with at Rainforest the other day to hurry up over to Ralphs, since she frequents this location
- Ralphs had no fresh fruits like blueberries, strawberries, or blackberries, so we go down the street to the other Staters
- We end up with yogurt, berries, and cool whip
- Mike has me text my cousin about the pizza place in the area and asks her thoughts... she raves about how great it is... Mike differs in opinion
- We get back to his place and my cousin invites us over... but we are already at his place
- She texts me asking when i'm free and what Disney pass I have so that Mike and I can go when the family goes
- We watch some "Restaurant Nightmares"
- Bed about 12am and Mike laid on the side so that I could cuddle up to him... so sweet... we stayed that way almost all night

Sunday
- Woke up at 9 and poked each other/played with the cats
- Mike began by showering, then cleaning the shower, and doing laundry
- I showered and then played on my phone while he did that and entertained the cats on the bed
- Spent the day watching "House Hunters," "Sell It," and the other fun HGTV shows
- Discussed cruises... he wanted to go to Canada, but that week is one of the busy weeks usually for me subbing and I don't want to miss making any more money as the end of the year is nearing
- Finally decided on a Mexican cruise to Ensanada
- Booked the cruise
- Got really annoyed at my new Southwest Credit Card that isn't worth shit now that they have changed the new points program
- Methinks I'll be dumping that card for a different rewards card... hopefully American Express... they have some pretty sweet rewards, but fulltime employment must come first
- Excited about the possibilities now that I'll have my passport... Spain... Mexico... Canada
- Headed home about 4 to meet my aunt, uncle, and cousin for dinner

4 comments:

Phunk Factor said...

Sounds like someone is pretty busy these days....cool!!

Thnx a mill fr putting up Perri....i had no idea about her...and now i'm completely loving this song...and the vid even more...all that dancing is hot!!

fan of casey said...

Mike: I guessed right on the trip destination (Mexico) but not that it was going to be a cruise.

Things are starting to sound more serious with the OM, which is really great. You guys get along so well, I love how affectionate you are towards one another. You deserve the happiness.

Mind Of Mine said...

Wow! Busy!

Anonymous said...

"Fell asleep to "Inception"... bad movie" LOL, agreed. Wish I could have too in the theater with a nice man by my side. :)

Dry ice in drinks? First time I've ever heard of it. But wow, what a busy and fun 4 days!