Monday, March 14, 2011

The second leg of my weekend

Saturday:

- Got tires for my car
- Dennis' goodbye dinner was fun. It was hard to say goodbye. I was happy to finally meet his boyfriend whom I had heard so much about and see how different he was from Dennis. There were about 8 of us and we went to an Italian place where we talked and dined.
- Texted Mike about 9:30 and headed to his place
- We watched random TV shows until bedtime, which was about 1 or so

Sunday:
- Woke up at 10:00 or so officially- springing forward played with us
- When Mike woke up he looked on his phone and realized the Rose Bowl Flea Market was yesterday
- Stopped at McDonalds on the way to discover it was 11:15 and breakfast was over
- We get in the car and drive down to Jamba Juice for smoothies instead
- Get to Rose Bowl and shop around
- He decides he is looking for license plates and vintage signs to decorate his kitchen
- He finds some license plates
- I'm going to pull some of the license plates and vintage signs from the garage that I have if I can find them and offer them to him
- We run into an Extreme Makeover Home Edition taping. Ty Pennington is filming and I snap a few photos being the paparazzi I am



- Went to Downtown Pasadena to a Mexican place for food
- Good sonora enchilada con huevos on top - I was originally going to get cheese enchiladas, and that's what I told Mike, but changed my mind at the last minute... it was pretty good
- Talked a lot about my family and his family
- Stopped at Ralphs for cake mix, eggs, milk, and a few other items
- Ran into my distant cousin that works at Ralphs- he waved- we weren't in his line- I teased Mike about not wanting to get in his line
- Get back to Mike's and he asks if I am going to make his cake
- I whip up his cake while we watch Chicago
- We watch some more Japan coverage and a few other shows on TV
- He dozes off a little bit while we are watching- unfortunately I don't
- About 11 we both are wide awake and chatty
- We head to bed and play around some
- Fall asleep around 1 to The Nanny

Monday
- Up at 7, but doze until 8
- Shower
- He makes scrambled eggs and toast for breakfast
- He has a 3 hour conference call
- I hang around watching TV and playing on his computer
- I get a call from Kaiser that they want me at 1:30 for acupuncture instead of 2:30
- I head out about 12:30 and we kiss goodbye... he is traveling until late Thursday evening

4 comments:

fan of casey said...

Mike: I could go for an Orange Coldbuster from Jamba Juice right now. Too bad they retired Orange Berry Blitz, that was my favorite.

What kind of cake did you make?

Ty said...

Your life sounds pretty fun! Your always going out, and sounds like you have fun hooking up!

Mike said...

@ fan of casey: White cake with chocolate icing
@ TyinSD: LOL... I try to make everyday an adventure!

Aek said...

Odd, this post is a couple days old, but it just showed up on my Google Reader. o_O