Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Getting myself situated

It is nice that this quarter does not seem too intense at school. It is giving me time to do things I really want.

So far in the past few days I've done the following:
- Worked- I've worked for the past 14 school days straight
- Washed my car
- Went to the gym twice
- Bought a going away gift and card for Dennis as he is leaving on Sunday to join the Peace Corp.
- Made an appointment to get my car serviced Friday
- Paid my speeding ticket
- Weedwhacked for my dad since he can't
- Bought shoes
- Caught up on emails
- Caught up on sleep
- Did my taxes and mailed the state
- I owe the state- BOO!
- Formatted my thesis paper and put what I have in it
- Researched a few things that I have been meaning to do - random stuff that came to mind

Now that all of these menial tasks are out of the way, one of those things I want to do is read more for personal enjoyment. I want to read "Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang" by Chelsea Handler and "Me" by Ricky Martin. I downloaded "Yo," the Spanish version of Ricky Martin's book tonight since I really need to continue to read and listen to TV in Spanish as I notice I'm forgetting some word meanings. Yo es my first ebook. I will see how I like it... I'm thinking an iPad 2 may be in my future if I do like it.

5 comments:

fan of casey said...

Mike: So there is a silver lining to that unfortunate incident that cut short your temp teaching assignment -- instead you got all this substitute teaching work.

That's an impressive list of things done the last few days. The only thing I can match is I did file my taxes and they were electronically accepted on monday (fed) and wednesday (state).

And i finally put away the christmas tree and ornaments. I know, it's already March but we did electrical work for a whole month. :-)

Bruce said...

Are you reading the ebook on your iPhone? I've got the Kindle app but have only read a few short books on it. It worked better than I expected and wasn't too hard to read on that small screen. The iPad would be great though!!

Mike said...

@ fan of casey: I'm not sure that is silver lining. I did lose out on about $1,000 by having it cut short. I did have nice steady work to help try to make up for that.

@ Bruce: I did download both for my iPhone and I'm pretty impressed with how easy it was to read. Both were in Spanish and my only gripe was that there were 1-2 words that I wanted the app to translate, but there are no Spanish translations built in. I think the eReader is nifty and I think I need a bigger version on the iPad now...

Anonymous said...

.

Aek said...

Lots of stuff planned there!! I've never gotten an audiobook before.