Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Random Thoughts: Radio Musings

It has been a while since I've done this, and because we know I need to be a radio programmer in my next life, here it goes:

KOST 103.5
- What is going on? Your radio jingles are downright annoying and sound low market right now. Your new traffic/news sounders are irritating and if you weren't paying attention would think it was just an annoying commercial.
- Why did you put Rosie Rodell on in the morning and take Mike Nolan off?

KBIG 104.3/104.3 MYFM
- Valentine and Irma seem to be the best part and who I tend to tune into most in the morning
- Kari Steele continues to grate on my nerves and her voice doesn't sound like it fits on MYFM and after listening to her sometimes day in and day out, she sounds like a broken record
- I <3 Lisa Foxx and love the days she fills in for Kari
- I am glad MYFM decided to put Lisa on in the evenings... she's sooooo foxy! lol... couldn't resist
- Ty Bentli is pretty amusing to listen to
- MYFM, please put the traffic reports before the commercials
- Please update your playlist. I am tired of every other song being Pink, Usher, Rihanna, Nelly, Bruno Mars, or Katy Perry. What happened to this 90s part of your new slogan (90s and today)?
- Why not even throw in some 80s?
- I do have to salute you for playing some Adele. Love me some Adele
- I do have some songs to suggest to freshen your lineup: Anything by Sting including "Fields of Gold," a nice 90s hit; some Backstreet Boys, another 90s group; Christina Aguleria; Gavin DeGraw; some 90s J-LO; some Prince; Rob Thomas; Snow Patrol; Tal Bachman; Pet Shop Boys; and Paula Cole



KKGO/GO COUNTRY 105
- I like Ryan Fox and Ashley Paige
- Paul Freeman sounds like the same regurgitation daily
- I do have to salute you for playing less Taylor Swift every hour.
- Play more 80s and 90s country.
Suggestions include:
- Alabama
- Brooks & Dunn
- Colin Raye
- Holly Dunn
- Anne Murray
- Dolly Parton
- Eddie Rabbitt
- Faith Hill
- The Judds
- Trisha Yearwood
- Rick Trevino
- Daryl Singletary
- Tracy Byrd
- BlackHawk
- Mark Chesnutt


KOLA 99.9 - Classic Hits
Classic hits is a radio format which generally includes rock and pop music from the late 1960s to the early 1980s. ..
- I <3 all of the DJs
- Thanks for traffic reports each hour throughout the workday and weekend that just happen to come on when I need them and when I'm in the car
- Please expand your classics playlist... my iPod has a better selection at times. I do notice that you are trying. I have heard some new stuff like Phil Collins and Genesis as of late.
Here's more suggestions:
- ABBA (a 70s classic group that KEARTH plays)
- Annie Lennox (early 80s): Walking on Broken Glass, No More I Love You's
- Billy Joel: Uptown Girl, Its Still Rock-N-Roll To Me, In the Middle of the Night
- Belinda Carlisle: Heaven is a Place on Earth, Circle in the Sand
- Boy George
- Crowded House: Don't Dream It's Over

- Cyndi Lauper: All Through The Night, Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
- Fleetwood Mac: (And not the same 5 songs that are always played...) Never Coming Back Again
- Toto: Africa

KNX 1070
- What the hell are you doing with those awful jingles and new electronicized sounders that sound awful on AM radio?

STAR 98.7
- When are you going to play more than the same 5 songs over and over again? I thought you were competing with KROQ. KROQ seems to have more music.
- Your DJs are pretty good at the moment. Keep it that way.
- Thanks for having traffic reports before the commercials.

KGGI 99.1
- Why are your traffic reports after commercials in the afternoon and about 7:40 in the morning?
- Please get rid of Jeff Pope and I'll consider listening in the morning

KFROG 95.1
- Where to begin... I don't like the Frogmen in the Morning or Kelly Green, but Dona Dower is great
- Does the afternoon guy, Leapin Lee, even know country music?
- Your playlist needs to be updated. I'm tired of Sunny Sweeney over and over.
- Play some 80s, 90s, or even mid-2000s perhaps?

100.3 The Sound
- I love your song factoids/rock trivia
- I'm saddened that over the past few weeks you sound a lot like KOLA 99.9 or KEARTH 101. Are you suddenly going classic hits? This afternoon I heard Rocket Man, Bohemian Rhapsody, Bob Seger, Chicago, and Men at Work all within a few minutes and all can be heard on either KEARTH or KOLA.

2 comments:

fan of casey said...

Mike: Gosh, when do you have time to listen to all these radio stations enough? I usually stick to 6 stations on the radio in my car and I hardly ever listen outside of driving. And even then I'm channel surfing so much, nothing really sticks long enough for me to make constructive criticism like you.

Anonymous said...

.