Sunday, March 6, 2011

Food weekend

We know I like to write, but I need to get ready for bed and so bullet points will have to suffice...

Friday Night
- Met Mike at 6:30. We decided on that time after he texted me on his way home from his business trip and was driving home from LA
- We order Dominos Pizza in and track our order with their nifty tracker via their website
- Thin crust veggie and hand tossed cheese, mushroom and onion
- Watch 5 hours of American Idol on the couch, but less thanks to TIVO and Mike cutting out unnecessary commentary and horrible singing
- There are lots of bad singers
- My prediction- I've never watched Idol regularly - but my prediction is that one of the more standards type singers will win- the Broadway type singers or Etta James type
- We both fell asleep to Idol - I fell asleep after him
- We both woke up at 12:40am and went to bed

SATURDAY
- Woke up at 7... too early! But we did enjoy some time together in bed... lol
- Showered
- Met at McDonalds to eat and take his rental car back
- Shared with him some of the stuff I learned about McDonalds thanks to my cousin
- To the airport to drop off the car
- There was an error and the rental car company charged him $1400 to rent the car on his credit card
- To Ontario Mills for some shopping- Went to Marshalls, but ended up walking around the entire mall
- Mike and I started talking about eyebrows after passing the eyebrow threading booth. He didn't know how that worked, so I did my best to explain, although I didn't know 100%. He was oblivious to the fact that I waxed my eyebrows. He told me how they looked so natural. Everyone else says otherwise... that was sweet
- Back to his house to watch "The Middle" and "The Talk"
- We both napped in the afternoon- him longer than me- I should have napped longer, but was wide awake
- When he woke up he asked what I was cooking for dinner
- I volunteered pasta dishes
- I mentioned paella, and since he has a new paella pan he was agreeable
- Went to Fresh & Easy for the ingredients
- Went to Ralphs for the fish- seafood and scallops plus margarita mix
- Rented "The Kids are Alright" and something else
- 2 margaritas and I was ready to make dinner
- I made dinner while Mike sat on the couch talking to the cat, telling him how he didn't have to cook, and watched "V"
- Paella was sooooooooooo awesome
- Add a glass of wine here
- Mike liked it alot and thanked me. I thanked him for paying for it. It was close to $30 to make
- I fell asleep during the 2nd movie, "The Kids Are Alright"
- Was hoping to stay awake during it
- Went to bed about 12:30

SUNDAY
- Woke up at 7:00
- I'm tired of his cat kneading 3-4 times a night when I'm trying to sleep
- Mike was feeling sick and spent about an hour in the bathroom while I laid in bed watching something random
- We finally got up and Mike paid some bills
- He showered, then I did
- As I showered he washed his convertible
- He asked if I wanted to go to Palm Springs
- We drove out to PS
- Stopped at the outlets in Cabazon so he could get Starbucks
- Went to the big street fair at College of the Desert and noticed the lack of Mexican people, but the plethora of old
- Ate bean and cheese tamales
- Went to El Paseo in Palm Desert for Banana Republic
- Discovered Pacifica for really cheap and inexpensive fish, plus good margaritas
- We ended up with mussels and margaritas, which were delish
- Drove around looking at PS modern architecture
- Saw Frank Sinatra's first wife's house
- Met Mike's boss for dinner
- Mike's boss is a british guy in his 50s who is gay and known for picking up young marines
- All of this translated into lots of drama and his tragic stories
- We sat in his backyard drinking wine hearing his stories and Mike kept turning, smiling at me, and I rubbed his knee... like everything he said about his boss was true... lol.
- Mike warned his boss to not corrupt my innocent mind... LOL...
- Ate at Fisherman's and had the best fish tacos
- They forgot the mushrooms and garlic bread Mike ordered - his boss being British called him on that
- Mike lectured his boss about needing to quit smoking
- Went back to his boss' house about 7:45
- Drove back as it started to rain in Banning- convertible top down
- We pull off the freeway and put the top on
- Back to Mike's about 9
- He asks if I am going to stay the night... I wanted to, but needed a change of clothes
- Driving home I felt really sad to leave, which was understandable
- Also felt weird that I wonder when my mom will breach the subject about me being gone so much lately
- I like how when I arrive back home it was like I was never gone, except the family teases me a little for being the long lost child
- I realized how I really need to take $40-60 out of the ATM for the weekend, which is inconvenient, but I can do it. I don't always have $100 on me like Mike. Mike was insistent on paying for breakfast and lunch on Sunday because I had no cash. I did have the tip for the pizza Friday night, which was my last $5. I paid for our food at Pacifica while he snuck away to the bathroom because I try to make sure it is equal.

1 comment:

fan of casey said...

Mike: Watch this cat video and share with the OM:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3iFhLdWjqc