Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Back up and running

My computer is back up and running after hanging out with The Guy yesterday. He reinstalled my OS. We chatted on Saturday and planned for Tuesday. He had a dentist appointment, but I got to his place early since I was in the area. He told me to just wait for him and that his boyfriend was there. I went in and hung out with him for a little bit and chatted. We chatted about common friends/schools we are both familiar with. We talked about work etc.

The Guy arrived about 1:45 and was in pain. He'd been to the dentist and had 4 cavities filled, a deep cleaning, and impressions for teeth whitening trays. He says goodbye to his boyfriend and warms up some beans and hamburger. He asks if I'm hungry and I tell him I'm starved. I am a little insistent about getting food, so he orders some from the yummy salmon/chicken place. All I can say is 9:45am is not lunch- it is brunch and I'm still going to be hungry.

The Guy warns me about all of the issues in reinstalling the OS since I didn't have the right disk and he was unsure that he did too. I told him to risk it. I am so frustrated trying to browse the internet and not being able to. He has the disk and the reinstall goes down fine. While he is doing that I run up to get the food at the restaurant. The waiters there are so nice. I pay for the food as my treat for helping me with my computer, get the food and head back. I also bring in some lemons from our lemon tree for The Guy- we have 2 lemon trees that never produced anything until recently and seem to be making up for all lost time. He thanks me for the food and lemons. We eat well- roasted potatoes, broccoli, salmon, and a delicious salad.

The Guy takes a nap once the OS is installed and lets me install Microsoft Office and iLife. I do both and it is about 5p.m. He napped about 3:30. It was a long process.

We go to get his dogs at daycare. There is some sort of checkpoint on the street where we go to get the dogs and traffic is a mess. We talk about police checkpoints and how in my city if you try to avoid the checkpoints police will go after you- I had that happen to me. That made his blood boil. We talk about protein/the importance of meat/him being worried I'm not getting proper nutrition dating a vegetarian. We also talk about stuff like his weight and how he is trying to get that off. We also talk about teeth-I told him about my crown and he told me about how bad his teeth were. He hates the dentist and hadn't been since he was 18. He told me about the plaque buildup on his teeth, which I couldn't believe because he has such beautiful teeth. He has super white teeth and an amazing smile.

We get the dogs and work our way around the checkpoint, but have to deal with a guy who drove 5 miles under the speed limit and had no signals in his truck, as well as a (Chevrolet) Celebrity in front of us who could drive 45, but was in our way nonetheless. What an ordeal! The Guy and I talk about houses and he talks about how his dad wanted him to move into a mobile home when he moved to his city and how adamant The Guy was that he would not do that... it was so hilarious to hear, and knowing his dad, I couldn't imagine him saying that, but that was funny.

Back at his place I work on putting my photos into iPhoto- transferring the photos stored online. That was an ordeal. Mobileme really needs a way to quickly download photos back into iPhoto. Suggestion.

The Guy says we need to go to Best Buy to get a hard drive for his brother who was coming over later to get his replaced since he needed a larger one. There was 1 checker for about 12 people- and Best Buy wonders why they are having difficulties? Oh, and not to mention the greeter is now the person that has to remove security tags from items, which causes a traffic jam at the door. I don't like Best Buy. PERIOD.

Back at his place he takes apart a computer like mine and puts a new hard drive in it. That was really cool to see. We watch a couple more episodes of Roseanne and it is pretty funny. Then we call it a night about 8.

1 comment:

fan of casey said...

Mike: Reinstalling everything in a computer is a pain, just be glad you did not lose any data.

You must post pictures of your lemons/lemon tree. I just made lemon roast chicken last week and I had to buy a whole bag of lemons from Costco while you are getting the stuff for free from your back yard.

I'm glad you and The Guy seemed to have reconnected. Now the both of you are comparing notes on your respective BFs.