Saturday, March 12, 2011

Out in the convertible

Mike and I decided to hang out on Thursday. We had texted all week and decided this was the best day. It was nice in that I had the earlier part of the week to get everything done.

Thursday night he texted me about 3:30 or so as I was at the post office mailing a few things and dropping off letters. I said I would meet him at 5.

At 4:55 I pull up to his place and head in. He says we are going for a drive since it is so beautiful out and taking the convertible. He says we are going down to Laguna Beach. He asks if sushi is alright and makes a reservation for a place just off of PCH. The weather is perfect- it is about 70 most of the way, but it does drop about 10 degrees when we go down the 241 toll road. Mike has a Fastrak so we cruise down without any problems. We do stop to get gas in Horsetown USA AKA Norco. We get gas for $4.01 for premium. We have some good conversation about work, his business trips, my mean side at work according to others, and a few other topics.

The restaurant is a nice looking restaurant on the exterior. The interior could use some work. The rolls were only $6, so we ordered 4 different ones. We weren't super impressed with any of them- none of them stood out as being super good. We talked about my mom, Linda, my parents thoughts about things like home improvements/appliances. He was a little surprised by our nearly 40 year old washing machine... not in a good way... LOL.

After dinner we go out to his car. I have to climb in from his side because he parked too close to the curb and he was going to kill me if I scraped his door on the curb. The curb was nearly 18'' and he parked within 7-8'' of it, so there was no way I was getting out. He properly dresses us for winter convertible weather. He turns up the heat as high it will go, we put on gloves, scarves, and our jackets. We stop at a Starbucks in Irvine for hot drinks. We head back to his place and watch American Idol until 12:30 or so in the morning. My favorites are Casey, the girl who sang Shania, and a few others. Namia or whatever her name is not one of our favorites, but she is interesting. We "Overstand" everything now.

We woke up about 8 in the morning and played around. He tickled me LOTS. Kept grabbing my feet and other body parts. hehehe. He had to work- he had 2 sales calls. We get up and shower, watch Japan quake coverage, then he handles his work calls. I watch the news on Japan and get tired of seeing the same thing over and over- the tsunami pictures and the tsunami coverage here in California. The waves in So Cal were nothing out of the ordinary. He declares we need to go out somewhere yesterday as it was Friday. We looked at TV show filmings and other things. He gave me his computer to do a search. I found few things when I searched IE events. I looked on my phone at the OC Register's events site and discovered Joan Rivers was in La Mirada last night, but she was sold out we found after calling. He said we needed to go to Palm Springs. We get in the car and head out there. We go to Pacifica, where we went on Sunday. The waitress recognized us from Sunday and that was cool. We had some fish tacos that were pretty good, some disappointing ceviche- lettuce is not a filler in ceviche, sorry. We had the scallops that were delicious and some nice strong drinks. He had a vodka twist and I had a strong cadillac margarita.

We decide to go to the Camelot Theater to see "The HR Manager," which was an Israeli filmmaker's movie about an HR manager with a humanitarian side. It was pretty good. I picked the movie. We weren't expecting subtitles an I was wondering how Mike would like it. He said he thought it was interesting. Afterwards we made our way to Dinks. We continued talking about the movie. At Dinks we talked about Israel/Palestine and I explained why the 2 countries are fighting there since he had no clue. We talked about where the characters in the movie took the mother's body to. We both thought it was somewhere else in Israel- not Jerusalem- but somewhere else- turns out it was Russia and we laughed we were both wrong. I justified Russia after seeing the orthodox church after he googled that was where they took the mother's body in the movie. We sat listening to the music, looked at the older crowd dancing. He made a bet with me that his boss would come in sometime before 9pm to Dinks. He did. We tried to ignore his boss and as he came in we both smiled at each other and were amused. His boss came in with a girl who he is in some crazy love triangle with, so we got to put a face to the name we heard about the other day. They didn't sit next to us as there were no seats. We sat enjoying our creme brulee and then started to head out. His boss encouraged us to stick around, but Mike said we had a great evening out and it was winding down. His boss said it wasn't even 9pm. We managed to sneak out and headed out to the car where we just talked about how amusing that situation was.

We sing some Pink in the car, "Just Like a Pill" and this diddy... fun stuff!



We get back to his place and watch more quake coverage and "The Big Bang Theory." I tell Mike I don't mind staying the night, but I had to get up early to take my car in. He said that wasn't an issue. I sat my alarm for 7. We watched "Old Christine" until about 12:30. I slept pretty well again last night. About 6:50 before the alarm went off we started cuddling and cuddled until 7:15 when I said I needed to get up for real. I got up, threw my clothes on, and headed to the car repair shop.

I'm getting my brakes done, fuel injection cleaned, and a strut replaced. Lots of stuff. Should be expensive. Oh, and I need new tires too.

I'm meeting Dennis and his friends tonight. Dennis is leaving tomorrow for 2 years. He's going in the Peace Corp. Tonight is his goodbye dinner. I'm not looking forward to going in that I have a hard time saying goodbye- even though temporary, but it is the right thing to do.

I'm probably going to head over to Mike's after.

Talked to The Guy today- he was down the past few weeks since he was off his meds. We are going to hang out on Tuesday and he is going to do a fresh install on my Mac since I'm still having issues with Safari not always loading properly. It has been going on for a few weeks and is getting frustrating.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

just to mention that Jerusalem is not located in Israel, even the USA does not recognise is as the capital of Israel.
and I found it funny that even if I am thousands milles away from you, I was watching American Idol yesterday and the candidate black woman is named NAIMA, which is an Arabic name, globalization even with TV entertainment.
Nabil

fan of casey said...

Mike: Safari sucks. Mine's keep on crashing with plug-in failures. I hate it when it takes out the OS too -- when my Mac goes into screen saver mode overnight and I come back and I can't wake up my machine, I know it's because Safari crashed and I have to do a manual restart. I know, I probably should turn off my machine overnight but my MacMini sips power when it's sleeping.

So what kind of convertible are you riding in?

fan of casey said...

Mike: On a totally different topic but related to an earlier post, pay teachers more:

www.nytimes.com/2011/03/13/opinion/13kristof.html?hp

Aek said...

It's been a while since I last had sushi . . . it's been even longer since I've had GOOD sushi.

Sounds like things are going well with you and Mike. :-) We've gotta chat online more!

Anonymous said...

The Big Bang Theory is my favorite series :)