Monday, October 29, 2007

I was Crankin' That Soulja Boy at work today...

The other day Gonzo and I made a deal with the kids in one of the junior classes. We would grade their notebooks today and if EVERY person turned in a notebook and every person got over an 80% we would do the Soulja Boy dance for the class... YES... in front of everybody... a white boy like me dancing to this. No, that was not a deal I made. I was sucked into the deal. I was embarrassed however, but up for the challenge.

So what did I do Saturday and Sunday? I watched the instructional video and spent some time in my room practicing. I couldn't let Gonzo show me up.



The class got average was an 85% on the notebook, so I had todance. At first I said No, Mike is not going up there and making a foolof himself.

After O, a black girl, she's a cheerleader came up to me and said she'd dance and cheer me on, I said ok. I said I didn't know the dance and so needed her to show me. D connected his ipod to the computer speakers and played the song. O in the meantime showed me what to do and I followed her moves. Gonzo and I got up in front and got ready. O made fun of me afterward saying that I was lying and that I did know it.

So how did I do? I made a complete fool of myself, but it was all ingood fun. I just got up there, didn't let myself have time to getembarrassed and began kinda dancing waiting for the song to begin. When the actual song started, the class got a good laugh, Mrs. V got a goodlaugh, andeveryone else.

We played it a 2nd time and Mrs. V joined in and that made it more fun. Mrs. V didn't know what she was doing. Gonzo, Mrs. V and I were up there bumping into each other trying to dance to it. Soon about 10 other people in the classwere up there in front dancing to it also. It got pretty crazy.

I got the dance moves for the mostpart the first time around, but afterthe heel slap Imessed up on the whole foot thing. I was able to catch up and get backon track. Gonzo and I were a little off on timing- she was always a fewsteps ahead of me. When Mrs. V came up I could get through the firstpart until after the heel kick and then was dying of laughter andbumped into Mrs. V and then just kind of danced with my elbows out and shaking my body. I almost wish someone had captured it on their cellphone.

HAHA. Not that I'd post the video or anything, but just for me to laughat and see. Good times, though.

Here are some teacher's cranking that... haha... definitely moreorganized than my dance was today... they've had practice

Is this teacher below not the hottest thing?






2 comments:

K said...

L-M-F-A-O

LOVE IT!!!!

Can I just say.....I taught a bunch of drunk AEPi's @ a house party how to Crank Dat Soulja Boy over the summer and that shit was HILARIOUS!

It's the Black People Macarena!

YOOOOUUUUUUUUUUU

Closet Frat Boy said...

lol funny videos. gotta love Soulja boy.