Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Darla may have to find out too...

As I mentioned a week or so back when I dropped some obvious hints that I was gay to Gonzo, Darla happened to walk in. We talked about going to a gay club and Darla going too.

Today Darla asked what was going on with the guys I went to the club with. She asked if I liked any of them and broke any of their hearts because maybe I'm not gay and it would crush them to find out. I said no, no, we're just friends. I could have probably said something, but I didn't want to because it wasn't really the appropriate place to today. I'd want to be more alone- not with 2 new coworkers Danny and Trish. Darla will probably be a little surprised and I can see her say "gosh Mike" and her eyes will get big or something, then she'll ask a bunch of random questions. I also wanted to be able to better explain myself and didn't want a big scene if her reaction would have been bad today.

I expect Gonzo's response to be much different and I probably will tell her on October 20 when she we're going out to look for a Halloween costume for me. We're going to have lunch or dinner and so that will be a good time to talk and get this off my chest. Only 10 more days.

Overall I'm not too worried, since I'm fine with her knowing eventually, but I really want Gonzo to be the first to find out and not have Darla blab it; which is something I expect would happen.

1 comment:

J.R. said...

Awww man. She gave you the perfect opening! Too bad the other circumstances weren't as conducive...

Nothing Golden Stays