Wednesday, October 3, 2007

This has the potential to go there...

I am not sure where this post is going, but let me assure you it will be all over.

I am taking a human reproduction class and learned some interesting stuff in it the other day...

CHRISTIANITY
--- Developed during later roman empire
--- period o/ social instability when exotic cults brot sex entertainment n and Christians wanted 2 separated n associated sex w/ sin
--- PAUL o/ tarsus, follower o/ Christianity whose writings incorporated n 2 new testament played crucial role
--- PAUL advocated importance o/ overcoming “desires of flesh” such as anger, selfishness, n non-marital sex that the exotic cults brought in
--- PAUL associated spirituality w/ celibacy n saw it as superior 2 marriage
--- celibacy historically was state o/ being unmarried n abstaining from sexual intercourse
--- celibacy now not engaging n sexual behavior PERIOD
--- Paul altered meaning of being celibate and made abstaining from sex a sin - sex was widely accepted and embraced prior to this --- this has shaped us because it has given western culture a view that sex is bad and you need to be celibate

My classes...
Those are alright... Spanish should be easy. I know the material already. Only annoying thing is the the proessor says uhuh yaeees after practically every sentence. As if she is talking to us like we're little kids. I think the lady is cool though and should be easy. I met her when I first started here at my college and she was just the nicest lady. So I'm excited. I'm not excited I have this class 4 days a week, but it will go by quickly. I know the people in the class already and a cool professor, it'll be fine.

Another random point... I go into the library during my break between my 2 classes to knock out my homework and hang out with my coworkers who are at school. They have tons of new student workers at the front desk in the library who are so friendly. There are about 10 black girls and they're so friendly- not like the people who were there before who didn't care to help you and didn't put a smile on their face. I love it!!! Love friendly people!!! Something they don't have enough of here at this college!

My internship...
Chose the political one and started it today... it sounds like a lot of clerical work. It should be fine though. It shouldn't be too hard. The guy seems friendly enough who is my supervisor and we began talking more about stuff like classes I'm taking near the end. I got to leave an hour early today because of some weird scheduling stuff.

Work...
The atmosphere is so much different with Loud Mouth gone. Everyone gets along so much better. I have been asked to step in and be a LEAD tutor because someone needs to fill Loud Mouth's vacancy and I know how to do it. I did step in though on Monday, but I'm going to try to avoid that.

I had to follow a football player around the other day because he isn't doing well in 1 class in particular. His teacher wanted him to have someone go with him to help teach him to take notes and keep him focused. I did. He enjoyed having me there. Haha. He was introducing me to all of his football friends like I was his best friend.

The seniors I tutor evaluated all of us tutors the other day. Loud Mouth who is gone scored the lowest- everyone said she was unfriendly, hard to get along with, etc. etc. I got almost all positive feedback. The negative feedback I received was I smile too much and that I don't know Calculus. Overall, the kids like that I'm hard on them, don't take their crap, don't take their attitude, and that I don't take no for an answer. They know I mean business. Some kids also didn't like that, but the majority of them like that about me. I scored 3rd highest out of all the tutors with Gonzo and B coming in slightly higher than me. Good stuff!

The gym...
I am not sure when I'm going to go this quarter cuz things are so crazy, but I did notice the other day after I got back from the gym I suddenly have calf muscles and quadricept muscles, etc. I've also been working on my shoulder area. I see definite progress. I was thinking of posting pics and I still might, but now that I have met some of you bloggers and will be meeting a couple more of you in the coming months, I feel kinda awkward doing it cuz I feel like I am exposing myself. Haha... I still might though.

Sleep
I'm not sure what that is. I haven't got much lately. Crazy schedule, tons of noise at night, stuff like that. It's not fun. I'm not going to complain.

Overall I feel pretty optimistic and excited about everything!!!

3 comments:

Troystopher said...

Great Update Post!

dit said...

Yes, Great post!

Anonymous said...

If smiling too much was your weakness (how can that be a weakness??) then you're doing pretty damn well!