Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The kids always put a smile on my face

Went to work today in a crabby mood. I got home from The Guy's house at 1:30a.m. I was seriously considering staying the night, but didn't. We played COV for about 5 hours staring, making googly eyes at each other, commenting about what was on TV. We also cleaned up his kitchen. He showed me how to work things on my Mac like Expose, Spaces, and other shortcuts. I was complaining that SOMEONE hadn't shown me this stuff, so I was lost. He gave me permission to call him whenever I have a problem. Then at 11:00p.m., we went to his room and watched 2 episodes of "Remington Steele" and one of "Family Guy."

Getting home at 1:30 and having to get up at 6:30 does not make me happy. I wasn't taking my mood out on anyone, I just wasn't in the best mood and didn't really want to be at work.

Second period just loves me and that made me excited. I'm the only tutor that gets a reception when I walk in the room. I'd say 80% of the class yells "HI MIKE!!!!!" O and K had AP US History questions and wanted my help. They aren't the best students, but they always like to work with me and they talk about how I'm the easiest going tutor. We always get a lot done when I help them. Today we were discussing the Progressive Era and we had a good discussion going talking about each of the different president's policies and positions.

Third period missed me since I hadn't been in their class in a while due to other things I've been working on. There's about 5 of the kids like Nacho who always want to work in my group. Nacho was trying to give me weight loss tips today. He claims he lost 25 pounds in one day without the help of Trimspa. He did it all on his own. I got a kick out of listening to that. I need to gain weight though, so his advice really wasn't relevant.

Finally in 6th period I was sitting at Mr. P's desk on his stool, with my legs up on the trash can next to his desk, and leaning on his desk relaxing. It was right before the class started. One girl, Viv made a comment about how I look so relaxed and tired I look. She suggested to Mr. P that I get his rolly chair to roll around the classroom and help the kids out today. Mr. P will not let anyone sit on his rolling chair. Mr. P said "hell no, when Mike has a degree, Mike can sit here." I said I am close enough to a degree and I am 21. Mr. P laughed that I tried to bring in age, but with Viv and one of her friends making fun of Mr. P he relented and let me sit in the chair. I got to sit and roll back and forth between my 3 groups. Mr. P moved an old ugly brown student chair over to his desk for the period.

Got off work in a great mood.

2 comments:

Aek said...

Yay work! Sounds like a lot of fun you have. I hated US History AP though. -_-

B said...

glad you have a job you enjoy