Thursday, January 3, 2008

New Mac and met a blog reader

Got my new Mac finally yesterday. Not sure I like it- it will probably take time to grow on me. No right mouse button is my biggest gripe right now- really not dealing with that well.

The Guy, being the Mac maniac he is wanted to help me set it up. I went home and got a few things, then went over to his place.

The Guy and I were looking at my new Mac and realized it didn't have a glossy screen. I took it back to the Apple store by myself since The Guy was so engrossed in City of Heroes. He asked me to bring dinner back. I was a little upset, but The Guy ensured me that it is Apple, they'll take the computer back no questions asked.

I go over to the Apple Store and they spent 30 minutes or so in back looking for a computer with the right specifications that was a glossy screen. My suspicion is I was given the matte screen because that was all the man helping me saw and wasn't going to search for one.

Stopped on the way back to get Mexican food and CVS for drinks. I knew The Guy was out and Vitamin Water was on sale. I paid for dinner and drinks because he was helping me with my computer.

When I got back he was making food since I was gone a while. My food took priority over his- he was making the steak and beans like we had the previous night.

I installed Windows and Bootcamp on my Mac, then we played City of Heroes on my old Dell until 9p.m. or so, then we laid on the couch watching "Law and Order." There were 2 episodes. Both were dramatic. They weren't on TNT though, TNT knows drama; NBC knows drama though, too. That's one of The Guy's things he always points out. HAHA. We both were glad that Sam Waterston got a promotion to DA, but worry about the new guy taking his place... haha.

The Guy has more software he was supposed to give me today, but he was busy and never called. I was busy too. Tomorrow, hopefully.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got to meet a blog reader from my area today. It was neat to get to meet someone who has read my blog, but doesn't have a blog. I can't believe how I'm meeting people I otherwise wouldn't have met had it not been for the internet or a blog, and we all have that deep dark secret! I got to do a little more investigating on my end and find out how he found my blog, find out about him, and stuff like that. It was cool that he was a college guy and it was neat to find out about him. I hope we can meet up again. Thanks for the great time! I hope you enjoyed it also!

2 comments:

K said...

Im so happy you came over to our side buddy!

FINALLY!

Matt in Argyle said...

Welcome to the cult of Mac. You should receive an ipod touch in the mail shortly with a descriptive video showing you our secret hand shake.

Oh, and be prepared to look cooler now too.