Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Pasta and COV

The Guy and I hung out last night. He wanted to play COV. I called him and asked if he wanted me to bring dinner, since we were about to sit down to dinner at home. We had tons of food, so I was going to bring some of that or stop and get something. The Guy wanted to make some pasta, so he told me to pick up energy drinks.

I get over to his place and he is cooking the meat. He puts lots of garlic in the hamburger. Then he uses an organic spaghetti sauce, which means no flavor. He spices it up with more garlic and other flavors. It helps mildly. The Guy then puts the wrong noodles in and uses rotini noodles on accident. The noodles were good. He made them the typical way, with boiling water, of course, but he added whiskey and garlic to the water. We stand in the kitchen talking about my dad and I, stuff like that.

The Guy somehow manages to walk into my shoes again. He was barefoot yet again. He complained that now I have injured both of his feet. I decided I'd go and take my shoes off. He asked me if I wore steel toe shoes. I said no, they are regular shoes.

We play COV on the couch and I go up almost a half a level in a couple hours. We watched some "Law and Order," and "CSI."

I leave at 10:15 because I was tired. He hung around online and played with his friend Mike up in Oregon.

Coming home, a 30 year old guy or so in an Isuzu Impulse decided he wanted to race me. Yes, an Isuzu Impulse... a little space ship looking car from the early 90s/late 80s. The car was in near mint condition and the license plate frame the car bragged about the condition of the car; but can his little 4 cylinder stand up to my big V8? No. He was sitting at a light, revving his engine and I just looked and acknowledged him. Then the light turned green, he was gunning it, I gave my car a little gas and passed him. I was sitting at the next light for about 20 seconds before he finally pulled up. Needless to say he backed off.

No comments: