Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Ringtone Dispute

The Guy and I chatted a lot Monday afternoon about the bad days were having. He said he'd hit me up at 7 or 8 for dinner. Dinner, at 7 or 8? We eat at 4:30-5p.m. in my house- early, I know. Anyways, he called at 7 and was upset I didn't want to go eat since I had already eaten. So we decided on lunch Tuesday.

I sign onto AIM at about 10:40 and he asks where we're going to eat and if Jeff could come along, since he was going to be stopping by. I had no clue since nothing tasted good. I finally decided later that Olive Garden sounded good, but The Guy and Jeff were confined to the house by Warcraft and Warhammer.

When I got to The Guy's place he was playing Warcraft in the office, Jeff was on his laptop playing Warhammer, and The Guy declared I should be playing DDO to have all the MMORPGS covered. I stopped over on the couch to sit down next to Jeff and watch him play Warhammer since I hadn't seen The Guy play it yet. Jeff was having fun and really into it. The Guy kept calling, asking why I hadn't come in to see him yet. I finally made my rounds and went in to see him and his dog. The Guy was playing Warcraft with his friend Dan.

The Guy asked what I wanted for lunch and I said I didn't care. He finally orders Round Table Pizza. We got our veggie and a mamba wamba I think it was called that had a bunch of different meats and sausages on it.

The Guy ran into the bathroom after placing the order and tried out some of those Biore Facial Strips that you put on your nose to get rid of all the black heads. He parades through the house showing off- Jeff and I want to try, so we all 3 crowd in the bathroom and The Guy helps us apply them. The Guy gives Jeff the money for the pizza and jokes that he can't go to the door with the Biore strip on. The Guy's 15 minutes comes first, so he gets the pizza when it comes.

The Guy retreats to the office to eat and play, Jeff and I sit out in the living room, then after we eat go into the bathroom to take our strips off. We were all amazed how much came off and had to show our strips to each other. The Guy's nose was apparently the cleanest, followed by mine, then Jeff had a ton of blackheads and other stuff come right out.

Here's a picture of someone's Biore strip from a blog I found online... good stuff as you can see



After this, The Guy asks if I want to play. I didn't recall my Warcraft username and password, so he said to just use his old account. I had a character created on there that was the right level and everything, so that worked out. I was level 10, The Guy and Dan were 7. My phone rings while we're in the office and The Guy thinks it is his phone- why? He has the same ringtone as me. He accused me of stealing it from him. We both have "Viva La Vida" by Coldplay as our ringtone. He says he had his longer. I made that my ringtone last Friday, and apparently he did much earlier than that. I hadn't heard his phone though, since lately he has it on vibrate all the time. And what's even funnier is we both have the same snippet of song as our ringtone (1:10-1:40).



About this time Jeff takes off, so The Guy and I go in and lay down on the couch. My phone rings again, and again, it is Date #2, but also The Guy is again thinking it is his phone ringing. I tell him about Date #2 and he is a little surprised and worried at this guy's lack of experience being 32 and still has not been with a guy.

We play for a couple hours and The Guy is talking on Ventrilo (a chat program where he can still play Warcraft and chat with his friends in the game) with his friend Alex about his divorce.

It is about 5p.m. at this time. The Guy says he wants to go take a nap, but then says there is a ton of traffic now at this time probably, so I should hang around another hour or so. He was right- the 10 eastbound would have been a mess. We sit down on the couch and watch an episode of "Law and Order." While doing this, we go in the kitchen and make cole slaw, eat a PB&J sandwich, and then watch the Sarah Palin SNL video. We also watch a few SNL videos like an alternate ending to Steinbeck's "Of Mice and Men," which The Guy and I declare is not funny. We think so much alike when it comes to what is funny.



I left at 6:15 and came home straight home so I could promptly change my ringtone and get something different. I settled on these 2 new ringtones. I had to outdo The Guy. You know how he is always trying to outdo everyone, so I had to outdo him and buy 2 ringtones. I designated a special ringtone for Date #2 and The Guy, "So What?" (:35-1:05 is the part I have for my ringtone) by P!nk. The "so what?" is kind of a response to me having the same ringtone as The Guy, so what? My other ringtone for everyone else is Jason Mraz' new song "I'm Yours" (1:10-1:40 is where I have my ringtone set). I think The Guy is the only person I'd feel a need to outdo when it comes to ringtones... haha.



BTW... I've been listening to Jason Mraz since I first heard him on XM Radio back in 2005 or so with his song "You and I Both" and "Geek in Pink." And since I'm sharing my Jason Mraz stories, his new song "I'm Yours" was on KBIG 104 when I was in the car with my mom the other day- and since I'm doing all the stressful driving, I get to control the radio. I mentioned how I liked it because it was really catchy. About halfway through the song, we're sitting at a stoplight and she looks over at me and smiles, about ready to burst out laughing. I ask what is going on and she said "I see." It was so random.

BTW #2... I had to cancel dates twice with Date #2 because of family stuff this week, but Thursday night should be a go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have fun on Thursday with the date. I like that Mraz song too. I thought it was Jason Castro from American Idol (sad as I don't even get into American Idol but.......).