Sunday, October 19, 2008

Spiteful little me EDIT

I petsat for The Guy Friday and Saturday night. He was going to Phoenix with his brother for a wedding. I told him over a week ago I'd be happy to do that. I was at the time.

This week he seemed more accommodating than usual wanting to see what I wanted for food and how much I wanted for house sitting for the weekend. He said there would be lots of different food at his house and he'd give me $100 for the weekend. Neither of these things happened. I arrive Friday night and look in the fridge. There are shredded carrots and chopped onions. There are lots of salsas from our fajita night. I was not happy, especially after some financial problems the other day. I didn't have the money to go out and get me food for the weekend. I had a big emergency Thursday night and only had $30 in my checking account. I go to the Farmers Market for food, then go to CVS with a $5 gift card I had. I don't get paid until November 9. With the money I did have I got some cookies, pasta, and other stuff. I wasn't going to let any of this get me down though.

And it didn't... I had a great weekend actually chatting with Greg (Date #1) and getting caught up on homework.

Then today rolled around. The financial issue reared its head again. I told The Guy about it at 7:45 this morning and he was apathetic; but I told him because that was my hint I needed the $100 he promised. I waited around all day, then I get a text from him at 1:45 telling me I didn't have to wait around. 20 minutes later I get a call and he says he is home and had pizza, but didn't know I left. Well, gee, ass, you tell me 20 minutes earlier I didn't have to wait around.

So The Guy tried calling me, texting me, instant messaging me online. I was being spiteful because I KNOW he hates this. It drives him crazy. After the call rang the first time I hit ignore on my phone to send the call right to voicemail. He called 14 times and 14 times I didn't call him back. I simply let his 14 calls go to voicemail. I intentionally kept AIM and Yahoo signing in and out to irk him even further.

So he only left 3 or 4 voicemails and I know he wants to take me out to dinner and give me the money this week. So far I'm not giving in. I'm still feeling like an ass. He has called me and told me to stop with my games. He was crying on his voicemails telling me how confused he was, asking if he had done anything wrong, how he can't handle this treatment because he feels he truly did something wrong, and asked why I just won't text him. He left me a voicemail at 9:24 letting me know his anxiety was really bad because of this, how he probably won't be able to sleep tonight, and how I'm one of his most dear friends, so he hates that I'm treating him this way because he knows it is something he has done. For once I could be nice, but again, I'll let him stew in this... I just hope it isn't a bad idea and something I'll regret...

It is not just the whole financial issue this weekend that I'm upset about it; it is other grudges I'm holding like the computer issue the other day, The Guy's lack of interest in a few things I've done lately/asked about, his dismissal of some things and more... it sounds like we're in a relationship!!! WE'RE NOT!!!! HAHA... just good friends who are having a disagreement... nothing new...

How is everyone else? I actually feel pretty good right now. I'm just a little tired and would like to get to sleep at a decent hour. I have the unfortunate problem that my mind wanders and recounts the day, things that need to be done tomorrow, etc. and it takes me an hour or more to get to sleep sometimes.

Edit- the day after:
I still have an attitude that could kill today- being nice to people has been hard. I did however feel somewhat bad for completely ignoring him after he was grateful that I did watch his dog. I was thinking about how sometimes we treat friends so badly, yet we'd never think of doing this kind of thing to strangers or random acquaintances. So I texted The Guy this afternoon. I just texted and said "hi." My original plan was to wait until Tuesday or Wednesday to call, but I didn't. I got a text about 50 minutes later letting me know that everything is fine today, he is at the gym, but he'll call me later because we need to talk. I plan to bring all of these issues up. I'm glad though, that I gave him a day to stew over these issues because I know he has a VERY good idea of what is going on and why I'm upset, so it just gave him time to think about them.

I guess I'll blog about some of the things that were bothering me from this weekend:
- I asked him for a favor on Thursday night- called him and texted him several times so whether or not he got the messages remains to be unknown. I broke down in my sister's car and asked him to pick me up. He bitched about that which really pissed me off after I've gone out of my way for him several times. Sure I was 45 miles away from his house at the time, but I would have picked him up with no hesitation. Basically he told me he never got the calls or texts and because the texts he did get were blank he thought I was in trouble like I was being raped. Lame ass.
- The computer issue- it is his computer and he can give it to whomever he chooses, but to bring me in on the plan, then say no I'm giving it to Josh was not cool.
- The no food in fridge issue when he promised there would be.
- The money issue- I had to put $1,186.00 on my credit card to get my sister's car Friday afternoon from the repair shop because my mom or dad couldn't get there to pay for the car in time.
- I just paid my new car off and so I officially have no savings. I also spent $350 that was in my checking account (leaving me with $30 in the account) this week running errands for my dad and was not paid back, and will not be for over a week, so to have The Guy not give me the money as promised made me mad. After getting gas Sunday night there was $3.48 left in my checking account. Anything I buy over the next few weeks is going to be going on my credit card. The Guy is in on practically everything going on in my life, we had discussed in depth my finances the other day because I was upset about them when we were at CPK the other day, so he knew. Maybe he just forgot about the $100 or will give it to me later, that is all possible, but whatever, I'm holding it against him.
- Issues with my dad over the money and paying me back... 'nuff said.
- Greg and I had "the talk" about sex, who we've been with, and what we've done. Then came the have you been tested question. I have played it safe, but haven't been tested. Shame, I know. I'm going to bring that up and see about going together.
- Greg and I did have plans to meet, but that never materialized.
- Date #2, Mike, keeps calling me, sometimes 10 times a day.
- I spent this weekend firing off e-mails about the school issue I mentioned last week.


This song has been in my head ALL day...

2 comments:

Crap Newsman said...

Try doing some yoga. It will help you sleep. You can search for simple yoga moves on youtube.

Fancy Pants said...

ai yai yai! Sounds like you need money in the bank, good sex, a good night's sleep, and right now. :)