Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Told him about all of my issues

Told The Guy about all of the issues in the last post and my concerns. He understands why I was avoiding him and how he was egging it on. I told him that he had to let me get all of my feelings out, then we could talk about the issues afterward. He has a tendency to want to go into Mr. Fix It Mode when talking about all of my problems, and he did last night. I didn't appreciate it. I finally talked to him this morning over AIM and just said LET ME TALK- THESE ARE MY ISSUES... and he did... then he said that he is really hurt, but understands. I was so sick over this I couldn't sleep last night, so it was obviously effecting me also.

We did hang out last night and it was not pretty. I was in a FOUL mood. He coaxed me into going over, and I did because I was so mad here at home. He ordered some food and he made me a plate when I got to his house. It was beef and chicken teryaki from the place up the street. He asked if I wanted to play a little WOW. That is when he said that he had a plan with the computers. He gave Matt, his ex, his other 15'' Macbook Pro that was bought about the same time as mine and has the same equipment, just a better processor and graphics card. He wants to give that to me and have me give him my current computer. He sent Matt an e-mail last night for that.

We went to CVS to get some snacks. While there we walk through the aisles. He wants pretzels and he has 5-6 different chocolate bars in his hand. I kept saying Skittles sounded better, even though they didn't. He then asks what I want. I said nothing. We walk back to the pretzels and look at the chips. I finally said let's get yogurt, so he says "YES." That's the plan. We set the stuff down in the wrong place and walk over to the yogurt place where there is a talkative cashier helping us, which was cool. The Guy called her a Chatty Cathy. HAHA. Yes, I know what a Chatty Cathy doll is- my mom still has one.

We go back to his place and play a little more WOW. I said sure. We do and then he decides he wants mashed potatoes. He sings "mashed potatoes" over and over to the tune of "I Dream of Genie." I didn't pick up on that. It didn't sound like it. We go to the Farmers Market for mashed potatoes, vitamins, and other things. He talks about how he likes buying $30 vitamins here because he feels like he is getting the full effect from them from paying more. In the car I told him how talking to my mom the real issue with my dad was over some furniture. No joke. This drama that has been going on with my dad is over furniture. The Guy was mad and then went into fix it mode. I didn't want to hear it. I kind of shut down.

We get back to his place, hang around talking about all the old TV themes we remember. My list was much longer than his- Fall Guy, Kung Fu, A-Team, Hunter, Simon & Simon, I Dream of Genie, The Jeffersons (which we both burst into singing), Good Times, Knight Rider, Chips, Night Court, and a bunch of others. He was more into the Bionic Woman and other stuff... haha. We do agree the Jeffersons is the absolute best TV theme song of all time. haha



At the end of the night, The Guy was going to hang out and "do stuff" with Joe. He invited me to. I didn't want to, but The Guy and I hug and then I get ready to leave. The Guy plays his game "are you going to call me tomorrow?" and I'm not buying it. I get in my car, burst into tears, then drive away. I text him some really angry texts to just get under his skin. I did.

He gets online this morning as I said and I am resilient to talk, but finally unload everything on him and feel a lot better. He even says he thinks our friendship will survive, but it is obvious we both have hurt feelings.

So I have a question...
Question: What is your favorite TV theme song? I'm kind of curious because there are sooooooooo many good ones...

4 comments:

Aek said...

It's sad to hear you and The Guy getting in a fight of sorts like this. I hope your friendship does survive, because good friends are sometimes hard to come by, and can be too easily lost over silly things.

Crap Newsman said...

Mine's Star Trek: The Next Generation

Anonymous said...

Hope you and the Guy can work things out. I broke off friendships that I regret now over things I can't even remember. Just try to remember he has a good heart and work backwards and maybe you can not sweat the "smaller" stuff. He's a valuable friend for you (and vice versa, I mean, your tactics made him cry. Don't do that to each other if you can help it. Enjoy each other!!!!).

Enough of that, too preachy, sorry.

Theme songs I liked a lot (can't just name one, sorry):

*Friends
*Everwood (damn song made me want to move to Colorado)
*Party of Five (1999 version)
*Cheers
*Monday Night Football
*West Wing
*and of course, Law and Order

oldie but goodies:
*Rockford Files
*Odd Couple
*and I like Star Trek too

I could probably go on and on. I'll stop.

check this out:
http://www.televisiontunes.com

Anonymous said...

I am ashamed but I must confess, for me: 7th heaven.