Tuesday, October 7, 2008

What vegetables do you eat?

I texted The Guy saying I hope he felt better after yesterday and then later called him saying I was free if he wanted to hang out. When I called him he said that was a good idea, but he had to eat healthy.

I suggested I bring the place with the salmon and potatoes. He agreed, so he phoned in the order and I went to pick it up. Lots of problems there- 3 people whose name is also the same as The Guy's called in orders. The cashier just rang up my order and $4.99 was a bit low. He brought the next order which was chicken and rice for $8.00. I said no again. Then he went and found my order was being cooked. That was hilarious. So I paid the $21.50 for our order and the employee thanked me for my honesty.

Got the food and went over to The Guy's house. He was out in the pool and the dog was outside on the patio. I went outside as he was getting out of the jacuzzi. We hugged, then loaded our plates. The Guy ordered us 2 pieces of salmon, potatoes sauteed in olive oil, cooked broccoli, raspberry vinaigrette, bowtie pasta and rice. We open each of the containers. I put a little of everything except the broccoli on my plate. The Guy asked if I liked brocoli. I said I like it, but not cooked broccoli. He then asked what vegetables I eat. I said I liked potatoes, RAW carrots, which he said both were starches and not vegetables. I said fine, have it your way. So I went down the list of naming vegetables. I said I like tomatoes, but he countered that was a fruit. I gave him that one. I said I like onions, beans, and a few other vegetables. He said these weren't vegetables. It was getting really difficult, so I asked him what his definition of vegetables were. Lettuces, green stuff, broccoli, squash, and things like that. He apparently doesn't see me eat enough vegetables he alerted me.

We eat, then sit down to some WOW. I play his mage, which was something I hadn't played before. First The Guy told me to fly to the wrong place in the game, but once I got to the right place we were in business. He said I didn't do half bad playing a mage. I liked just hanging back and using magic on the characters.

He wants to nap about 2:30p.m. I swear. He takes a nap everyday (or has in the past 3-4 months) at 2:30p.m. I take off and get home at 3:30.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the non veggie veggies too then. But tomatoes are a vegetable in my humble opinion. I like salads and I know I don't eat enough veggies.

Crap Newsman said...

Onion is actually a vegetable. It's the most widely cultivated veggie in the world.