Monday, October 6, 2008

My scheduled cheer up duty

I called The Guy on Sunday afternoon. I had my suspicion that he was having a bad weekend since I hadn't heard from him. He was. Ben, the guy he really liked a few months back came back from Japan and The Guy picked him up at the airport. The Guy had been letting him keep his car at The Guy's house during that time. They went out, had a nice lunch, then Ben took off, rode off into the sunsets to have a nice life. The Guy said he was going over to Zach's that night to cheer him up, but he needed cheered up today. He said I could schedule 1:30, 2, 2:30, 3, and went down the list all the way up to 6p.m, and the rest of the evening. I said I could do 2p.m.

He instant messaged me on AIM about 12p.m. when I was in class asking if I was done yet. I told him no and made random small talk with him up until the time class ended. He had asked me to go to the pizza place to pick up some garlic pizza since he ordered some hella nasty Papa Johns. He only ate half, but he was hungry. Anyways, to cheer him up I said I would.

He said to call him when I was 20 minutes away and he'd call in an order for the garlic pizza. I called him and he picked up the phone saying "ok, ok, I'm on it" and I cheered "hurry, hurry, hurry."

He called back a couple minutes later to get a status update on my location. I was on the 15 northbound about to transition to the 10 westbound. I had just passed a yellow Nissan 350Z car. I was fast.

Got the pizza and was on my way to his house. I walked in and he asked what I was up to. I said I just brought some delicious pizza. He ran to the kitchen from the couch telling me how unexpected this was. I laughed and we both played it off like it was. The Guy wanted to give me the Papa Johns pizza, but I fought for a slice of the New York Pizza. We stood and ate a slice in the kitchen and he kept saying "mmmmmmm."

We grab another slice, then go in and sit down. The Guy predicts I want another slice, and I did, which he makes a joke about him being psychic. I didn't know I did and when he offered me another slice turned it down. We watch "Charmed" and he sits looking at stuff on his computer. Afterward we both lay down on the couch and nap. We probably napped for 40 minutes or so.

The Guy gets up and takes one of the muscle relaxants that he bought off the internet last week, the ones he complained gave him dark circles under his eyes, that he had to drink cranberry juice for 2 days because the circles were so bad, and that made him sleep for hours. So we head to the bed this time. I was not tired now, so I spent most of the time with my head under the covers surfing the internet on my iPhone. Blogger.com and most of the blogs I read are suddenly inaccesible on the iPhone. Blogger needs to fix that.

So we lay some, I get a couple cell phone calls, ignore them. It is my mom, home, and my dad. I get up and lay down a couple times, then listen to my voicemail messages. My mom is leaving to go up to Nor Cal tonight for a family emergency, so she needed me to come home to run her to the airport. I told The Guy at 6:30 I needed to take off. I went over, tapped him on the shoulder, and said I have got to go. He looked pouty, asked why, I told him, he seemed surprised. I was too. I felt bad leaving him because I was getting caught up on sleep, plus I didn't want to have to drive back to near where The Guy lives to take my mom to the airport.

*** As far as Greg goes, I have spent most of the evening chatting with him since I got home from the airport. I asked him how I was last night and he said "of course you were !" He just wants to make sure I'm comfortable and there's things he knows both of us want to try out, so there will be a "next time" he confirmed. Woot. I have kind of made a couple proposals about going out to different places like the Knotts Halloween Haunt, but he is not interested in that because he went one year and was a target of all the monsters.

No comments: