Friday, October 31, 2008

Photos of my ectomorph body type

I hadn't really talked to The Guy since Monday after I got his thank you for the card text. Tuesday we talked in the morning after he swore I called him. I didn't, but it was nice to talk to him. Wednesday afternoon I did call him, but he was at the gym. He did call me, but we tried calling each other back. He was on his way to the doctor when I called him at 4:15. He had an ear infection for the 3rd time and the doctor said his ear looked like shredded meat. It was one of the worst ear infections the doctor had ever seen. The Guy was actually given a month of antibiotics to treat. He was texting me while he was at the doctor's office and asked what I was doing and if I wanted to grab dinner. A few texts later he is asking me if I want salmon and potatoes from that one place. I told him it was up to him. I wasn't really tasting salmon, but he obviously was, so if he wanted it he was going to get it. He was out and his doctor's office is up by that place, which is why I think he suggested that.

I take off about 4:40 as he is leaving the office and we have a nice talk. He is asking me about how my day went. I told him about my Spanish class and the midterm we just took. It is on literary terms like "synecdoche, anaphora, alliteration, onomatopoeia, personification, sinestesia (can't think of the English equivalent, and apostrophe." There were a bunch more, but you get the picture. AP English 11th grade terms. That's where I knew the terms from, and had I not, would have struggled like so many seemed to be in the class. He asked the format, how it was set up, then asked me the definition of each. He said it sounds like I felt confident. I gave him the sentences I remember from Spanish and what I said they were and he verified my answer. Then he told me how he can see that I'm really happy with my Spanish lit teacher I have.

I got to his place at 5:25 after many texts about what we were doing and waiting in traffic. He is standing at the door, greets me, and then starts pouring food for me. He asks if I eat salad because he had ordered salad. You probably remember a few weeks back how we had the argument over what vegetables were, how I don't eat those, and how I don't eat salad. Well, it is not the case. The Guy even got on me the other night in front of Josh for not eating salad. I had to prove him wrong then, because the night before I had a chicken topped salad from Applebees. Anyways, we pile the salmon, potatoes, and salad on our plates, then go in the living room. The salad is wonderful.

During dinner he tells me about Josh. I had been wanting to hear since Monday. After I left Sunday night they watched the "Hulk" and a really scary movie that The Guy didn't want to and joked that he'd end up in Josh's lap. They talked during the movie. Josh kept moving closer to The Guy. Josh was talking about how he truly feels confused. He said he is unhappy with Jackie, his girlfriend, for not being supportive of him in all of his endeavors. He said he doesn't know if it is just him being around The Guy and getting a lot more attention than around Jackie that makes him like The Guy. The Guy repositioned himself and Josh ended up laying on his chest. Josh talked so openly about how the night before he had a dream about kissing a guy. The Guy saw this was the perfect opportunity to swoop in and give Josh a kiss on the lips. He gave 3 short pecks. They continued watching the movie, then when Josh left texted The Guy saying he had an incredible time. Tuesday night they went out to dinner somewhere and THe Guy talked about how both of us in a circular booth would sit right across from each other. Not Josh- he'd move into The Guy's lap practically, and did the night before. They had shrimp and were practically feeding each other in the restaurant and the waitress was totally flirting with them thinking they were a couple. When they got back to The Guy's place Josh admitted he thinks he is finally accepting that he is bi. The Guy just said saying that you're bi usually is the first step to coming out. Josh talked about not being horny enough, wanting testosterone injections, and The Guy just said that part of it may be him feeling sexually confused- not that he needs testosterone. They've been texting each other wake-up greetings saying good morning etc. The Guy talked about how he wouldn't shut up because he was on cloud 9. He asked if that was weird having him talk about all of this. I assured him it wasn't because he is happy, which is a good thing, and I really like Josh.

The GUy talks about how he has to go to Fed Ex to pick up a package that he missed being delivered. We kill about an hour in between by reading MacRumors and looking at Windows 7. We look and try to figure out the new features Windows 7 will have. The Guy checks his mail and sees his "NO ON 8" signs have arrived. He puts one on his porch, one in his window, and then the bumpersticker on the bumper of his car. He reasons that his car is not a big deal. I am opposed to that idea though, because of the paint damage. I put mine in the back window... hmm... wonder what mom will say when she sees that. The Guy tells me that he hasn't received any RSVPs for his Halloween Party. I said I did. He goes online and finds it was Louis, Josh and Jackie, as well as myself. It is now a costume party because Jackie says you have to dress up on Halloween. The Guy felt pressure because Jackie wanted to go to WEHO and The Guy's house wouldn't hail in comparison to that. Again, Josh's gay side came out and he said "I don't care about Jackie, I want to be with you."

On the way to Fed Ex The Guy says Ben is texting him this time, and last night he did so drunk. I told The Guy to forget about Ben. Everyone says to- including Josh he informed me. Ben treats The Guy badly. I again said he is happy around Josh. I told him about my dad and I, as well as the whole money issue the other night. He said he felt so bad about not coming to give me his gas card after the incident, especially after finding the card I gave him Monday morning. I told him basically my ATM is still drained and will be until I'm paid in mid-November, but my mom just said to charge everything to my credit card and she'll pay the bill for me because it was all because of errands I ran for the family my account is drained. The Guy said that's cool.

We wait maybe 20 minutes at Fed Ex, then drive over to UPS to see if they're open because The Guy missed 2 packages from them. They closed at 7. We stopped and got gas at an Arco and I showed off my expertise getting around Ontario because I knew where the gas stations were and how to use surface streets. Back in the car again we talk about The Guy helping Jeff out with gas on Sunday for getting pizza, Josh on Tuesday night, then himself on Wednesday night. He only put $25 in his tank to not make it look like he is driving alot and have his parents cut him off the gas card for driving too much for "personal" stuff. He said that wouldn't have stopped him from helping me the other day. He said I'm the most financially responsible person he has ever known and he totally understands that I just paid off my car so that drained my savings; helping my dad out has required me to drain my checking account, then having to charge everything makes it hard. I told him how bad I felt by doing that and he just again said "not a big deal, he'd have no problem doing that for me." He told me how at my age he was writing checks constantly and often had $8 or $9 in his checking account. His parents asked him how he had so little and so many overdrafts. He also had $20,000 in credit card debt and his parents were screaming at him asking him how he could have so much debt and be so irresponsible. I told him that's not a problem and how I actually just got a HUGE, unwanted credit line. The amount floored him. I have a larger credit line than he does on 1 credit card than he does on nearly a dozen and he has tried to get a bump in his credit limit.

The Guy tells me about the gym, then he asks how things are going for me. I said I haven't really been going. He asked when I last went and admitted the day before. I said I went the day before, but that I haven't been going as much as before. He said he was just curious and was wondering what my goals were- whether it be to gain muscle or maintain what I currently have. He said he thinks I'd look REALLY good if I added about 15 pounds of muscle and told me what to do. Then he said that he thinks it'd look really good on me, I'd be really happy. I told him I didn't know and explained my apprehensions. I have a pretty petite looking frame and I don't want to look REALLY bulky. The guys I see at the gym who are really big do not appeal to me. I even used Josh as an example- I don't want to look like that. Josh doesn't have the body type I do- I'm more petite, so I used him to point that out. The Guy had a hard time understanding what I wanted to say, but then I lifted up my shirt, and just said "look, most guys are a lot wider who have the muscle. I'm 6'2'', 150lbs, and have a 29'' waist, so a lot of extra muscle, and being bulked up like that wouldn't look too good." The Guy says "oooooooh you're an ectomorph." We go back into the computer room and he looks up what an ectomorph is. He says he is a mesomorph, and that I'm an ectomorph. Being an ectomorph is my biggest curse, yet blessing.

The ECTOMORPH
Definitive "Hard Gainer"
Delicate Built Body
Flat Chest
Fragile
Lean
Lightly Muscled
Small Shouldered
Takes Longer to Gain Muscle
Thin

The Guy understood what I was saying. Brad Pitt is a good example of an ectomorph. He said he thinks it'd be very difficult for me because I eat nowhere near 3,000 calories per day, that I eat reasonably, yet healthily. A couple times The Guy asked if he was overstepping boundaries by asking. I assured him that he wasn't because I was curious, and truthfully, I had been debating what I want to do- adding 15 pounds or so of muscle would give me more defined calves, more defined pecs, and things like that. The Guy said he felt bad bringing it up, and I assured him it was not a big deal.

After, we watched the Obama 30 minute informercial, or I mean commercial. Whatever it was, The Guy proclaimed it was better than anything ever sold on Guthy Renker.

The Guy wants to get yogurt, so we go to CVS. He wants milk, I talk about still not sleeping, so The Guy says I need some DHEA or something. Some pill that he has tried that helps you get back to a normal sleep pattern. He insists on buying it for me because I had to listen to him be harsh toward me about weight. I said it wasn't a big deal. At the checkout, the cashier joked about being able to hack into The Guy's iPhone and his hate. The Guy was a little worried and wants to see him do that. HAHA. We go to get our yogurt and The Guy buys an extra one for Josh in case he comes over. We get the yogurt, then go back to his place. We have an interesting conversation, but it was a good one- what The Guy sees in Josh. Everything is just so natural. The conversation, the caring, the creative side both of them have. Josh doesn't have natural smarts, is not book smart, has failed his personal trainers test 3 times because he has a hard time talking to large groups of people, and doesn't do written tests well, but he is giving 125% to do it. The Guy said in me he sees natural smarts, book smarts, and street smarts. I have all 3 and we have great conversations about anything and everything and I can almost always contribute to what he has to say. Josh though, is different, yet his determination and things appeal to him and how hard it is for him to respond to Josh when he says he knows he is not naturally smart or book smart. It is about 9:30 and we call it a night.

My question guys is this- look at my body and give me your opinions. Should I gain 15 pounds or so more of muscle, or just work on my body and keep it the way it is? Take a look at the pics...



Better calves (I do have calves- just not that visible)? Filling out a shirt like this better? Larger shoulders? I dunno... what do you guys think? Anyone have any ideas?



Here's a guy from some forum I found online when looking- his before and after photos. Tried to upload the PHOTOS, BUT IT WOULDN'T WORK- LOOK HERE AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK... I look a lot like the guy in the below photo when I wear shirts- I don't fill them out well I don't think... but I'm apprehensive. I dunno... opinions guys... I don't care if you post anonymously or with your name. I'm not going to hold it against you. I just want some ideas...

If the images of this guy, a fellow ectomorph don't work, then try THIS link below... this is about the best example I've seen... http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/4523/comparisonpicms5.jpg

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gain more muscle/weight.

naturgesetz said...

I think 15 pounds is more than you need. The other guy looks fine in the before photo.

You look fine with your shirt on. If you're planning to spend a lot of time shirtless, a bit more definition of the pecs and a bit more muscle oh=n the upper arms and calves could be good. But don't go overboard.

Crap Newsman said...

You should gain more muscle. Sorry to say this but seriously, you look skeletal.

Aek said...

I wish I were as thin as you, well as a baseline. I think it's harder to lose weight than to gain it, but that's my experience (and metabolic curse).

You could use a bit more muscle about your shoulders, but your calves are fine I think (maybe a tad more if you want). I don't think you'd want to be really muscular, just a little bit more. :)

Mikey said...

You've got that low BMI that would lend itself to making a little bit more muscle look really good. Another thing to consider: what about going down a size on your shirts? The bigger the shirt, the smaller you look. You have some nice shape to your body, so why not accentuate it with a shirt that will show it off a bit?