Monday, November 3, 2008

Few happenings

At about 7a.m. this morning I was on my way to work at the high school to tutor when I get down to the shopping center and see a bunch of cars parked at the side of the road, banners, and people standing out. My first thought was yes on prop 8. I was right. There were probably 200 protestors in this area. The rally was huge and it was snarling traffic. I hadn't heard anything about it, or you can bet I would have at least let a few people know who are very anti on 8. Anyways, as I'm making my way down the street for the hell of it I roll down my window and flip the protestors off. I can't say that it accomplished much, but they saw me, they were upset, and that made my day.

It further made my day when I was actually able to make it into the shopping center to the donut shop. I was early, so I figured I'd stop for a dozen donuts for my coworkers at the high school. As I go in I'm told by some bitch named Jan W. (a lady who lives in my neighborhood nobody likes- sooo tempted to post her whole name and give me thoughts... but I'll refrain) that I am not going to heaven if I vote no on 8. I told her as I was going in that she's not going to heaven even if she does vote. She looked discouraged and perplexed by what I said. I ordered a dozen delicious donuts, got a lotto ticket, and then left. As I was walking on Jan's husband was there next to her and a few other protestors. I just said "FUCK YOU" as I walked by. Made my day. As I walked away there were screams from the Yes on 8 protestors telling me to get saved, lose the attitude, marry a woman, and listen to the Bible.

I'm not one to flip people off or tell people "fuck you," but I was mad to begin with, then the excessiveness of the rally, and me being tired of all of this just said what I wanted. It made for great convo at work and my coworkers and boss called me a MAVERICK. lmao.

Oh, and there is a hill at the end of my street that the county owns. It is public property and may one day be a park. I wouldn't count on it as it is 30 years in the making and it still hasn't happened. Anyways, there were dozens of Yes on 8 signs on there. The other night I was frustrated, couldn't sleep, so I took all of the signs down leaving the single NO ON 8 sign that was there.

I live in a VERY conservative area if you didn't already get that. HAHA.

I had a midterm last week in my Spanish lit class and received 100% on it. I was one of 3 people to. It was on literary terms like synecdoche, personification, apostrophe, etc.

I have 3 midterms on Wednesday. A repeat for Spanish lit- this time a smaller quiz portion of the midterm. I haven't began to read for. Then I have Spanish linguistics on Wednesday and that is 50% of my grade. Then my Anthropology midterm thanks to my heavy studying over the past 2 days should be more manageable. It is also 50% of my grade. I've been in midterm mode for the past few days studying hard and hopefully it'll pay off. I'm just really kind of frantic.

I'm hopefully going to hang out with THe Guy tomorrow night and get some studying knocked out at his house.

**** WANTED TO GIVE A SPECIAL THANKS TO ALL OF MY COMMENTERS LIKE CLOSETED, BORQ_QUEEN, AEK, NATUREGESETZ, ANONYMOUS, AND MIKEY FOR THEIR COMMENTS OVER THE PAST COUPLE DAYS. Things have been bothering me, so to have those comments have made me feel great. Thanks for replying to the post about my pics and weight gain or not post. I wanted other opinions from you guys and that's what I got.

4 comments:

Aek said...

Awww, you're welcome! :D

Good luck on all your midterms, and I hope Prop 8 doesn't pass in CA.

Crap Newsman said...

Ditto. And just remember, even if you don't get comments on some posts, we are here lurking.

Anonymous said...

THANK GOD the election is over...I couldn't take it much more!

I didn't post regarding your pics and body I don't think but I think you should do what you want to do and what makes you happy, knowing that your a good guy with a great heart and handsome. but if you want to add some muscle and that appeals to you, go for it!

I don't think you "need it". But what the hell, it sure can't hurt anything as long as you do it right. and believe me, I'm nobody to lecture anyone on diet, nutrition and stuff like that (I live the Baconator).

Anonymous said...

like, not live. typo, again.