Friday, November 7, 2008

Ironed out some issues

The Guy and I chatted this morning about 7:30a.m. as he was driving into work. I had a tough night last night because of some "friend" issues and just my anxiety in general. Then we talked to each other this afternoon as I was in line at Chipotle trying to order my burrito. We texted this afternoon, then called, and decided we would hang out.

I get over to his place, walk in, and yell "HELLO!" Nobody responds, the dog doesn't come running. I think oh, they're in the office. I go in and see that wasn't the case. The Guy was laying on the bed and so was the dog. I pet the dog, set down The Guy's Macbook Air in the office, then come back and visit. I sit on the side of the bed with him and the dog and we talk. I told him about the friend issue again- thinking someone was your friend only to have them turn around, backstab you, and the trust issues. The Guy and I had talked earlier about how this person being older was able and in a position to do that. I thanked him for not being like that and how we are pretty equal in terms of our friendship.

The Guy says he doesn't want to sleep all evening, then not be able to sleep at night, so we get up. I had texted him twice telling him I had a case of the hungries and he didn't reply. He asks if I wanted some pasta he made. I said I did. He asked if I liked peppers, knowing how I don't like vegetables, didn't know if I didn't like peppers. I reminded him of the fajitas. I reminded him of our veggie convo. I do. He bought some red bell peppers, used some of the bruschetta from Halloween, sausage, olive oil, and pasta to create a delicious concoction. It was light, yet filling. The Guy dished me out a "Mike-sized portion." I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but we call the sensible portions I eat "Mike-sized portions."

We go over to the living room to eat it and turn on some "Last Holiday." It was just beginning, so we sit, watch it, and talk. He tells me about how he thinks Palin stands a good chance in 2012 and it scares him. We talked about how she is a typical American who doesn't know things like who is in NAFTA. He told me things are going well with him and Josh. They like to kiss alot. They've kissed, stared into each other's eyes, and things like that. Josh and The Guy grabbed a bite to eat today, they held hands in the car and both are becoming more affectionate with each other. He asked if I was ok with him telling all of this and I said yes. He told me about Vegas. He is taking Josh to see "Phantom of the Opera" in Vegas for his birthday, which turned into The Guy making elaborate plans like dinner reservations at some sushi restaurant in the Bellagio that Josh likes, then Sunday morning massages. It'll be a 24 hour trip. I said Josh was a really lucky guy and he smiled and thanked me for saying that.

The Guy and I talk about some of the dates I've had and how I seem really discouraged. I had talked to him this morning about how it is always the same guys over and over on things like connexion. I think there are more quality guys, but none that pique my interest. He told me how much personal growth I've had over the past 6 months to a year and how I am discouraged, but how it is good. He told me and asked if I wanted him to stop talking because I looked like I was going to cry. I was fine and told him to continue. We talked about how I should move/could move and that would be great. He recommended San Diego, talking about how all of the guys are so down to earth, how there are so many quality guys. There's so many bars- gay country bars etc. He said that he should take me just for the experience and so I can see and reaffirm there are other guys out there. He said we could take Zach and Jeff possibly, and that would make a good group. I said "well, we should do that for my birthday." He said January could work and that would be a good time. I said "let's do that." I'm going to hold him to that. That would truly make my birthday to have a little couple hour getaway, dinner out, get to go out a club with a friend, it sounds fun. I'm going to mention it in the future when appropriate just to remind him. I felt like this was the perfect opportunity because I was bothered- he's taking Josh to Vegas, where is he taking me? San Diego is a TON of fun and getting to explore the bars with him will be a lot of fun.

In the last 20 minutes of "Last Holiday," The Guy complains his house is dirty. I said it wasn't because honestly, it wasn't. Dishes and clothes aren't everywhere. He goes in and loads the dishwasher. I ask if he needs help and he says no. I keep asking if he wants help as he does other tasks. He gets out the Pledge and cleans all of the electronics and bookcases in the living room. He runs a load of laundry and feels better. He runs around doing little chores while we sit and watch 2 episodes of "Sex and the City," which I had never seen. I enjoyed them and we got some good laughs out of that.

We call it a night at 9p.m. and that is great. Now I'm ready for bed at 10:30- my usual time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, and since I mentioned my midterms earlier in the week I guess I'll let you guys know how that went since I'm all about tying up loose ends today and updating everyone (Kaiser, the dates, etc.).
- I'm convinced in my Spanish lit class as long as you can write a complete sentence, whether or not it deals with the topic you'll get an "A." Case in point- the prompt on this midterm was "describe the importance of a double text." This was one of those one-liner's in the book and I remember it because it was in bold. But what was it? Was this like double meanings? Who knows. I just wrote that there is an author and characters. The author creates the characters to explain a moral or lesson. The professor wrote "BIEN!" at the top of my paper and gave me a 100/100. The girl next to me wrote "Me gusta Caprerucita" and wrote a couple sentences about liking Little Red Riding Hod and also got 100/100. She got a "BIEN" on her paper also.
- The curb on the linguistics test was pretty large. It was 61 questions. The class average was a 33/61. I was very worried because what was in the book, what he talked about in class, and what was on the test were 3 totally different things. I figured I got a D or C. I got a 37/61. The curb however was strange. 45-56 was an A, and only 5 people received A's. 40-45 was a B+ To get a B- you had to have 30-39. One person got 29 and that was a C+. My teacher said because it was 50% of our grade nobody would fail, so he had a strange curb. So how did I do? 37/61, or a B-.
- I find out about Anthropology on Monday. I felt pretty confident about that. I'm expecting 80% or better.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

I got an e-mail from a reader about the erroneous grammar and spelling in my last entry about Kaiser. I know- I re-read it and realized how bad it was. I never proofread or go back for spelling errors unless my Mac catches it. I write so much and sometimes my posts take a while to write. For me the posts are a documentation of my life, so I want to have a record more than anything; but I know and apologize for it being hard to read.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I spell like crapola in my comments. Always find them after I hit the post comment button.

San Diego sounds like a fun plan...sounds like a good night with the Guy.

I love Vegas, wish someone would take me! But give me some money to blow to please. Have a good weekend.

Aek said...

Haha, I've almost given up on going back and seeing if I have spelling errors. It takes too much time with my longer posts.

However, if I go back and re-read one of my posts, even weeks later, and find a glaring mistake, I have this quasi-intense urge to correct it. Sometimes I do. :P