Saturday, November 15, 2008

Knotts- 1 year later

Some of you may remember I first hinted to Gonzo that I was gay. Remember, she was the first person I told. Well, here we are one year later and we just had our annual Knotts trip. It is for the program we tutor for. So how was the trip?

Here's some highlights. I picked her up at her house at 5:30. We drove down there and I was singing whenever we weren't talking. I let out a squeal when Fergie's "Big Girls Don't Cry" came on the radio and Gonzo said "what was that? You just did not do that." I laughed and started singing. She told me that my singing was weak, so I really got into it and she finally concluded on a scale of 1-10 I got a 5. I sang some Lonestar, "Amazed," and some Leona Lewis. Gonzo spent a good portion of the time driving down the highway looking through my radio stations for a song to sing, but became disgusted and gave me the radio back for me to plague her with country music. I remember around State College on the 91 Taylor Swift's "Picture to Burn" came on the radio and I had to sing that. I told her it is about an angry 18 year old girl who has relationship issues. All of her songs are about guys and relationships. She agreed she was angry and I told her about Joe Jonas and Taylor Swift being the entertainment guru I am. She told me I sound like a mad, angry, white woman singing that. We talked about Gonzo liking Chris Brown and how sexy he is. Gonzo also sang "The Way I Are."





On the way down we also talked about work, all the gossip there, and school. We talked about family like her mom, sisters, and my familia. I told her about my recent dates and everything going on in that department.

We got to Knotts at 6:40 and the party we were chaperoning started at 7. Our boss invited us over to Claim Jumper for helping her out. Her thing is if you go to Knotts, Mr. C, her husband treats. I had the best lettuce wedge salad and loaded Idaho potato with cheese, chicken, and zucchini. Mrs. C and the rest of the teachers didn't arrive until 7:30, so that gave Gonzo and I a good 30 minutes to talk about random stuff. We talked about my mom and her school coming. We talked about food and more about school. We also talked about how we've known each other since elementary school, hated each other, and then we didn't know each other well, even in Senior year, but we were instant friends once we were both hired as tutors and were inseparable. We talked about kids that we've tutored and things like that. Gonzo used to hang out with the Mexican group and the big school bully in elementary school, she was a tough little girl back then.

Mrs. C and her hubby arrived, Mrs. F and her hubby arrived, and new tutor Marcy, whom is Mrs. F's sister. We had back-to-back booths because of the wait. We talked about things like the Knotts trip, the prom the year I graduated and what a catastrophe Mr. C thought it was. We talked about plays. We talked about how we're not the party type. We talked about our alcoholic beverages of choice- none of us are big drinkers- we're all content with margaritas. We talked about computers. Also talked about Gonzo at my college and how she is liking it, and her interest in learning languages like Arabic. Mr. C paid for dinner as I said and it was SOOOOOO DELICOUS. It was after 9p.m. before we were done talking and eating dinner. Afterward, we all trekked down to Starbucks for coffee to help keep us awake because we were going to all be up until at least 2a.m.

We finally made it to Knotts at 10p.m. Mrs. C wanted to ride Pony Express, the new rollercoaster where you're sitting on miniature horses. In line we talked about WII, Guitar Hero, Rock Band, and phones. Mrs. C and I compared iPhones and talked about our favorite apps. All I can say is good myspace photos because of the minitature horses. Mrs. F and Mrs. C thought the ride was just perfect- not scary and not too jiggly. I was of the opinion it was too short. We made our way to the bumper cars, then to Boomerang. Long 1 hour wait at Boomerang. It was ridiculous. Mrs. C suggested it, then decided to not go on it 15 minutes after we were standing in line. Mrs. F also bailed, but she at least waited in line with us. We were annoyed at having to wait so long- it was 11:30 before we were out of line. Anyways, Gonzo and I spent time looking around in line at horrible fashions, horrible haircuts, and things like that. One guy had a Fresh Prince haircut, another girl had an eyebrow piercing that made her look like the devil, one tutor at her boyfriend's school he tutors at was in line with her group and she looked like she was having the most miserable time and not interacting with the kids. How sad.

After that long line we made our way to Fiesta Village for La Revolucion. This is where the group split up. Gonzo and I were the only ones who wanted to go, so Mr. and Mrs. F, Mr. and Mrs. C, and Marcy all went on Jaguar. Then they watched us after we got on La Revolucion. We got major cuts in line- the workers asked if there was a group of 2 and we happened to hear them standing at the back of the line and they let us go. We waited maybe 5 minutes. My mom's students from her school were behind me and they were jealous I think. On La Revolucion I was having the greatest time. Gonzo was across from me and she was giggling, we were making funny faces, and I wasn't holding on, enjoying that feeling of weightlessness. Too fun!!!

After we walked through Camp Snoopy over to Silver Bullet. Again, Gonzo and I were all alone, but that was ok. The others found something else to do. We waited in line with the only 2 kids from our school that we saw the entire night. I got to talk to Art, a student who I remember when he was a freshmen. He didn't do any work, he was told he was in danger of failing, and then worked really hard and got the most improved award in 2nd semester. Now he has a 3.84GPA and is soooooo outgoing. After this ride it was 1:00a.m.

Gonzo and I make our way to the car and it is 1:30 when we get there. On the way home we talk about how fun it was, then how I'm so good with freeway driving, and know the freeway system soooo well. On HOT92.3 they play "If I Were a Boy" by Beyoncé and Gonzo sings along. She let out a slight scream saying she really liked the song. I laughed, asked what it was, then put it back on. After the song was over, she informed me my homework was to go home and look at youtube for the video, then download the song. The song is catchy enough that I'm sure it will be downloaded in the near future.



Gonzo made the comment that she was soooooo worried about me last year after I first told her what I did about how I was gay. She was worried that I'd have to hide and bottle up all of my anger. She began asking questions like "who have I told?" "What kind of guys do you go for?" She also asked other questions about sexuality and I told her that basically now, if asked, I'm comfortable enough to not deny it and just tell. She was happy about that. We talked about my sister and how annoying she is and how she taunted me about sexuality a few months back causing Gonzo to lose all respect she had for my sister. We talked about tolerance, the Bible's stance on homosexuality, how we both view homosexuality as just another sin. She talked about how she read what I mentioned the other day on my blog about the Anti-Christ possibly being homosexual since Prop 8 came up and my mom's views on that. She said that she doesn't believe that part of the Bible and she was able to tell me that she read the piece and how Daniel in the Bible talks about the views of the future. We talked about my mom's response with Prop 8. We talked more about sexuality and guys. She asked a bunch more questions that I can't recall. She did ask in the middle if I was ok with her asking and I told her of course since they weren't like real prying or stuff to make me uneasy.

I drop her off at 2:25a.m.

I get home at 2:35 and I figure well, my dad and sister are SOUND asleep, so I'll get a shower and go to bed. I was starved, so I warmed up some homemade pizza my mom made earlier in the week and ate in my room. Then I took a shower. I was so tired and ready to crash. My mom gets home at 3:45 or so and I awaken to talk.

It was 4a.m. when I finally got to bed. I woke up at 7:30 and dozed until 9a.m. I'm exhausted now, but again, I can't sleep tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if your friend or you want any advices or questions about arabic and how to learn it , I will be pleased to help you.
I am almost sure that I am the only arab who read your blog.