Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Putting things like my stalker behind me

I had talked with The Guy on Sunday night for about 3-4 minutes. It was an awful weekend for reasons I don't want to go in to. He said we'd hang out Monday night. I call him Monday afternoon and we're disconnected several times. Finally he says as fast as he can that "I'llbehomefrommworkoutat4:30,seeyouthen." So I got ready to see him at 4:30.

I get to his place and he is working on the iTunes music server he bought. He gave one to Josh already and he bought one for himself. He wants to buy me one for my birthday, along with an Apple TV ($750 or so). He was on the phone with tech support and they weren't able to tell him why M4V files weren't able to be recognized by the computer. Everything else was. They didn't resolve it and he researched online trying to solve it himself to no avail. Mike, date #2, called during this time. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and gave it to The Guy because he doesn't want him harassing me anymore. I had no clue what The Guy was going to say. Earlier he said he was going to tell Mike that The Guy was my boyfriend and he needed to go away. Instead he picked up the phone and said:

The Guy: Hello.
Mike: Hey, is this Mike?
The Guy: No.
Mike: Who is this?
The Guy: My name is The Guy.
Mike: What happened to Mike?
The Guy: There is no Mike here.
Mike: This is Mike. Where's Mike?
The Guy: Listen, there is no Mike here. I just got this new phone yesterday. What number are you trying to call?
Mike hangs up.

Another call comes a couple minutes later:
The Guy: Hello
Mike: Is Mike there?
The Guy: No, who is this? Didn't you just call?
Mike: My name is Mike. No, I didn't call. I'm looking for Mike.
The Guy: Please, don't call again. There is no Mike here.

While sitting there in the office, he tells me about his 2 new favorite bands- Band of Horses and Joshua Radin. He plays both for me calling Band of Horses like the Killers and Joshua Radin a folk, country, and rock mix. I agree that I like how both sound.

"No One's Going to Love You" - Band of Horses


After setting the system up we go to the Farmers Market for dinner. I tell him about Mike, date #2. Mike has been calling repeatedly everyday. No joke. He may call 5-10 times a day. I told him I can't really talk, I'm not interested. It got bad the middle of last night where he called me at 1:30 and 2:30a.m. one night. I didn't pick up the phone at 1:30 and sent the call right to voicemail, then at 2:30a.m. when he called my words were "FUCK OFF." Unless you are The Guy, Gonzo, or Darla, Mike, Steve, or one of you bloggers I chat with, you BETTER not be calling me at 1:30a.m. or 2:30a.m. Last Thursday I didn't blog about it, but I had been complaining to The Guy about Mike's nonstop calling and The Guy grabbed my phone, texting him, telling him that I'm not interested and fuck off. Did Mike get the note to fuck off? No, Mike said that it didn't sound like me texting, resulting in him still calling. This weekend it was particularly bad. He called at 8a.m. Saturday morning after I had been out until 4a.m. NOT HAPPY. Then I get texts from him all day Saturday and Sunday as I'm running around with my parents that say things like "hey, call me, u alive?" or the one that made me squirm because I was driving down the road with my cell phone in my cup holder and my mom was in the car next to me. He wrote "do you have HIV?" Ok... my mom was in the car next to me and I deleted his # from my phone, so it just showed up as (951) 316-______, but she could have seen. I know she was very interrogative that day afterward. The texts continued, "do you have gonorrhea?" "Do you have syphillis?" "Do you have genital warts?" HELL NO. I've played it safe (with a condom), have not been tested, but will be next week. But you can see how he drove me insane and he found a way he could really bother/shut me down and drive me crazy. The Guy said he felt bad for me and how he would have said "yes, I do have syphillis, maybe you need to get tested, I hope I gave it to you" and been a complete bitch like that.

At the Farmer's Market, I got the cart, and I actually pushed it through the store. That never happens. The Guy goes for his usual staples like stuffed grape leaves, bread, etc. Then he asks what I want. I said something light, yet filling. I said I could go for some chicken. He said he'd really like good sandwiches. That sounded good. I thought of a good roast beef sandwich. That could work. We get 3 kinds of cheeses, roast beef, turkey, and a spicy mustard. I'm not a mustard fan, but The Guy doesn't buy mayo, so that would have to suffice and it ended up tasting pretty good. We grab some smoothie juices for him, then head to the checkout singing "There Goes My Baby" by the Drifters.



At the checkout, The Guy asks me if I want to pet sit for him this weekend. Sure I said. He said Jeff could do it otherwise. I assured him it wasn't a big deal. We move the cart through the line, then I stand next to him in front of the checker. We check out with the curly headed guy. He isn't that friendly and doesn't seem to like The Guy because The Guy said NO when it came to buying those reusable grocery bags that are earth friendly. There was a real awkward, surreal feeling there at the checkout. It was like really quiet other than him and I, then the stares from the checker added to it. When we left he asked me if I felt the same thing and I assured him I did. He said that he is glad it wasn't him feeling that. The Guy talked about how he has a dog and how he may own a big recycling plant, so cashes in on plastic bags that way, which is why he still gets them. I joked and said yes. Then when he gets back to how maybe the bags are a good idea I say "but you have to remember to take them to the store." "Are you going to remember when you go to the store? No, you're going to be going in thinking about needing _x_ and you're not going to remember." I told him how my dad bought them, yet they stay out in the back of his car and we never use them. He agreed.

We talk about Josh on the way back. The Guy and him do nothing but flirt through text. The Guy told me about their weekend where they went shopping for workout clothes and had such a great time. Josh and The Guy talked after his breakdown Thursday. The Guy and Josh are back on the same page. The Guy cried in front of Josh. Josh feels very bad about everything. Vegas is still on this weekend. JOSH EVEN TOLD HIS MOM THAT HE IS POSSIBLY BISEXUAL- HE KISSED THE GUY. THAT'S SUCH A HUUUUUUUUUUGE STEP. Josh's mom said maybe it is just sort of a man crush. The Guy basically confronted Josh yesterday and said he doesn't think he is dealing with his real problem right now- his sexuality- and what Jackie represents to him, but that The Guy is a masculine guy and so everything is ok. The Guy doesn't have a hard time now, like he did last Thursday talking about Jackie. He thinks everything is going to change this weekend. He told Josh how he tends to overcompensate, think about the future, and he buys things for people when he is worried about losing them.

We ate our sandwiches, put groceries, away, and he played Warcraft and told me about the above. I get a blocked call on my phone and I knew it was one of 2 people- my house. We have a blocked number because my number isn't listed- both of my parents are teachers. The next possibility was Mike. I gave The Guy my phone and he picked it up. It turns out it was my dad. My dad didn't ask for me by name. He asked for me by my first name, which The Guy had forgotten. I go by Mike around almost everyone. My dad is really one of the few people that calls me by my first name, and the way he says it gives me chills. The Guy said there was nobody by that name here and hung up on him. Woops. He then said he thought Mike was disguising his voice. I called home and let my dad know that I was getting harassing calls, which was why The Guy picked up the phone. Not a big deal.

We go out to the jacuzzi and The Guy gets in. He talks about how he is just really at peace right now. We're only out there a short time, then go in. The subject is now guys and myself. I get upset and break down where The Guy spends an hour or so taking to me trying to calm me down. The Guy and I are standing in the kitchen and he uses a dozen egg analogy to show me there are a lot more guys out there. He was in a really playful mood last night, which was hard for me to be, especially after this past weekend and the past rejections. We talk about sex, being horny, and how we're both sure we're clean, but how we're going to get tested next week just so I can put the Mike and Greg incidents about sex behind me. No- I told you guys everything that happened between us, but the only thing was Greg was a scientist and he was very mathematical giving me the effectiveness rates of condoms, telling me the symptoms of various STDs, and STD infection rates. That was a little overwhelming when just talking about foreplay. Then Mike with himself being a closeted guy and his texts this weekend I was feeling down/worried etc. etc. At about 10:00p.m. we hug and call it a night. We text on the way home as I'm driving thanking him for being a good friend, for the night, and how I did feel better talking to him. My biggest challenge is just being honest with The Guy- he's someone I can trust, but I have a hard time saying something straight out. I always become worked up, something bothers me for a while, then I bring it out. I want to change that because he is such an incredible friend and he told me how friendships like mine are so important to him because he has been single for the past 17 years or so and has never had a long term boyfriend. I didn't know that and I felt so sorry for him.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey man.. I've had problems with stalkers in the past. The best way to deal with him is to change your phone #. I know its a huge hassle and it sucks, but it will help in that you'll never get another call from him again. Best wishes..

Anonymous said...

I had a guy call one day 20 times. It was weird and kind of stressful but as I look back on it I guess it was being in the closet and having a guy call 20 times that made it stressful.

Those texts Mike #2 sent you creeped me out. I'm sorry you had to deal with that anxiety. One time a guy sent me a pick of his wanker and it was not an appropriate setting for me to be getting that kind of text. I was like wtf? Creepy feeling.

Well, i'm glad you and the guy had a nice time like usual. Glad that friendship is back on course for you! Hopefully the puerto rican guy you thought was hot is still in the picture.

I'm babbling, take care of yourself!

Anonymous said...

I just turn my phone off all the time, that seems to solve such issues. But, then again, maybe you have a real life (unlike myself :P) and actually need to keep the phone on.

Diary of a Mad Latino Man said...

The best advice I could give you is to change your number and pray that you never run into this creep again. I can't believe these guys don't get the hint when you tell them to fuck off!!! I have this bug a boo right now and he doesn't get the "i'm not attracted to you part" and tells me that I am shallow and he believes in me to look past looks. I'm like fuck man, I just said PEACE OUT to you and you can't get the hint!

Hit me back man!

Peyton
http://gaysnowboarder.blogspot.com