Monday, November 10, 2008

Sudden new guy- Starbucks date

Gonzo thinks I'm the biggest player. I was texting her last night and she was telling me how I refuse to settle down and I'm just out dating anyone and everyone. I told her about Greg and Mike. I am not trying to be a player and don't think I am. I am merely dating, which is a normal thing to do.

I get a message from a guy named Christian on connexion tonight about 3p.m. He doesn't have any pictures. He lives near Victoria Gardens, is 23, Puerto Rican, and 5'11''. He left a vague message, but we sent a few messages back to each other. What do you like? What do you do for a living? What are your stats? He is still at work, so he tells me I'll get pics when he gets home. By now we're chatting through his personal e-mail, which allowed me to search for his e-mail on myspace, facebook, and google him. I found him on facebook. I had his first and last name, so I checked him out and he seemed ok. A frat guy from a local private university.

A few e-mails back and forth, then we're chatting on AIM about jobs, school, work, family, and friends. Then he tells me that he is interested in taking it farther. He asks if I want to meet up tonight or tomorrow. It was nearly 8p.m. He had just got home from work at 7p.m. and had shown me his pics. He, as I said was 5'11''; 150lbs; Puerto Rican, looks on the black side, which is not really my type, but I'm not one to discriminate; sexy glasses, pierced ears, and a nice skinny build. We talked about where to meet. He said he was bad with decisions. I asked "coffee or smoothies." He chose coffee. I asked "Starbucks, Coffee Bean, or Gloria Jean." He was hung up on the fact I mentioned Gloria Jean. I said I had to throw that in because it rhymed with Coffee Bean. He called me a nerd. Then he asked where to meet. Between his house and my house there is no real halfway point. We decided to meet at the Starbucks outside of Ontario Mills at 9p.m.

I start on my way and get 8 miles into my trip only to realize I had to reset my cell phone and his phone number was no longer stored. For everything being so spontaneous and this meet I was worried. I said forget it and continued on. I made it in good time. I got there right at 9. I had AIM on my phone on in case he was online so he could send me his number. He wasn't. That was ok.

I get to Starbucks and I wait in my car for a second. I don't see him in any cars in the parking lot and I see a bunch of women in Starbucks. I walk up and put my jacket on. I see a guy in a white long sleeve Hollister buttondown shirt, blue vintage blue jeans sitting in the corner with a cup of coffee. I go in, introduce myself, then grab coffee. In the meantime he is thumbing around on his Blackberry.

I join him and sit down. We start talking about cell phones since I ask him if he is one of those addicted to his phone. We talk about iPhones, which spurs how I'm into technology, playing around on the computer, and the appeal of new gadgets and toys. He isn't really into computers and all of that stuff, but was fascinated that I am. He talked of his old roommate who was just like that. We talk about computers and Macs. We talk about school. He majored in Government and music. He worked in DC for a year, a local mayor, and now for another powerful politician. We talked about classes and things like that. He was asking most of the questions, but near the end I began asking the questions. I asked about friends and work. He takes the Metrolink to commute to LA, so that was an interesting conversation.

Starbucks closed at 10 and so we got up to walk out. We talked about how we enjoyed each others company and to text, call, or e-mail each other in the future. I said that sounds good. We shake hands and say goodbye. I get a text about 25 minutes after I left thanking me for the night and that we need to hang out again soon. I tell him likewise and joke about him and his text addiction.

So I guess now I'll shoot him some texts tomorrow. Maybe a good morning text? He is a hottie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right on!!!! Well you have the one service working for you. I read a review of each of the online sites and the one you met this guy on, the person doing the review said was the best for meeting guys beyond a hookup.

Well, glad you keep progressing and meeting guys that energize you. I sit here checking my email constantly for next hit on my CL ad....how sad.

dan said...

I've done the cl ad thing before. always fun.
hey mike great post, sounds like it was a good meet up.
I love the post about "i swear you can write anything in spanish and get an A." ha ha. later.