Friday, March 6, 2009

Good things on the work and school front

This song is in heavy rotation in my iTunes.



Some good news: I had 3 teachers I know, whom I have subbed for voluntarily say they would write me letters of recommendations when I was telling them about applying to various colleges for credential programs. It was like "I'm doing this," then one said, "I'd love to write you a letter of recommendation if you need one. Put me down on your references list." YAY.

I had a most interesting day subbing for my mom's friend Linda yesterday. A student of Linda's has ADD and is constantly up, wandering, talking, and things like that. I know when I have him in class if I give him a little extra dose of attention, like just acknowledging him and telling him good morning he is much better behaved. So I did that yesterday and the kids got to work. He took a while to get to work because he was busy singing about pigs, Whoppers, Big Macs, and things like that.

He sang this song he made up sung to the tune of "Heartless," by Kanye West... he sounded awesome doing it.

In the night, I roll up to my Jack in the Box,
hungry as can ever be
wanting a cheeseburger
How could you be so hungry?
Oh... How could you be so hungry?

In the night, I go into the McDonalds
wanting me my Big Mac
Something so juicy, something so tasty
How could you be so hungry?
Oh... How could you be so hungry?

No comments: