Friday, March 27, 2009

Meeting V. Jay

Our blogger buddy V. Jay is visiting Cal Poly Pomona, which is not too far from me. I encouraged him to call or text me because he is only about 30 minutes away. He said he would take me up on the offer.

V. Jay let me know about 8:45p.m. Wednesday night that he had arrived in the Golden State. I was excited. We chatted about the scenery and things like that. He was telling me about the mountains and things like that. He told me about 10:15 that he may be able to sneak away. He asked me if I was hungry. I told him I was snacky, then relented and said I was hungry. I think he replied back saying "good." I sped down the 10 from San Berdoo from the MG concert to see him.

He told me where to meet him at the Wendys just down from his hotel. He was standing in the parking lot, so I quickly parked, then jumped out of my car. He was standing near the light post and plants at the end of the parking lot. I got out of my car and he turned around. We shook hands, then hugged.

We walked over to my car and got in. I sort of automatically assumed he was craving In-N-Out, so I punched In-N-Out into my iPhone to find the closest one and we headed off. It was the one in La Verne off of Foothill. We talk about phones, mountains, the freeways, and things like that. We talk about some of the things in the area, differences between Cali and Florida. It was awesome. He listened to me rattle on about things about Cali, which was awesome. I like anyone who puts up with me like that.

We pull up to In-N-Out. I explained to him how people wait 20-30 minutes in the drive through, how most of the locations are drive through, and things like that. He ordered a cheeseburger and shake. I opted for the animal style fries. That is in and of itself a meal as far as I'm concerned. We got our food to eat in the car, then parked. We chatted about money- in particular pay for jobs, things in California, and things like that. I let him try the fries and he says how they were good and how In-N-Out definitely ranks high up on the burger list.

Driving back to the hotel he was staying at we pass Fairplex and I tell him about the LA County Fair. Getting on the freeway I suspicioned the onramp at White Ave. would be on the other side of the road because there are a couple like that in Pomona that are weird, so I cut over 2 lanes to get on the freeway. I assured V. Jay I am a good driver and I explained to him the whole onramp/offramp thing.

I drop him off at his hotel, we hug, and agree to try to meet up again. He is a nice and caring guy, and you get that vibe chatting with him, so head on over to his page and show him some love.

3 comments:

Aek said...

That's really cool that you met another blogger!! :D I hope you two do something again before he leaves.

B said...

Glad you got to meet him!

Anonymous said...

Is there anything the i-phone can't do? I want one!
I'm catching up with your blog, I've been away for awhile. Good times...what are animal style fries? I've been to In and Out, usually get burger, fries, shake thing, but I guess animal style comes with chili or cheese on it or something.