Saturday, March 14, 2009

Random Thoughts: Life

- CSET= OVER = Results in a few weeks
- Watched Zoolander with my parents tonight. There was nothing on and I said I wanted to see this. My mom was game for something that sounded amusing. My dad not so much. We watched. My mom was interested because it had "good music" and it seemed improvised. My dad thought it was stupid.
- My dad is a big fan of the show "27 Dresses" ever since I've shown him it the first time. He's seen it maybe a dozen times in the past 2 months and says it is cute.
- Chatted with my best friend in Mississippi tonight. Topics like the economy came up, which of course we completely disagree because we're on other sides of the political spectrum, and his ideas and mine are different. I do however put up a good fight when we chat. I had lots of stories that capitvated him because he realized how we do need to go after the executives of the large companies and how they share a lot of blame. His basic argument was no, don't go after the execs because big business stirs the economy. Me, the informed NPR listener/reader, was able to counter with this article:
This paragraph seemed to prove my point:
Lenders were making reckless mortgages, while financiers and corporate chieftains chased great profits by bundling those shaky mortgages together into incredibly complex investments. But they didn't comprehend the risk they were injecting into the nation's financial bloodstream. Former Federal Reserve Board Chairman Alan Greenspan recently told CNBC's David Faber he didn't understand how they worked either.

- My favorite thing to do in the mornings? I roll up to school in the morning, park, lock the car, slip iPhone out of my pocket, log onto www.npr.org. I love how easy it is to navigate and find the "Morning Edition," "All Things Considered," and the wide range of stuff they talk about.
- Oh, and I was pulling that story up about the economy, I found the story about Claudette Colvin? Who is she? Well, she did the same thing as Rosa Parks 9 months prior and was several years younger; but why did Rosa Parks get the fame? Click to find out...

4 comments:

Anonymous Blogger said...

i totally agree with you, about the economy thing. So much white collar crime happens, and we have no idea that its going on until the economic tide decides to roll out.

Aek said...

I was listening to NPR this morning (trying to wake up) and I heard the Claudette Colvin story. Quite interesting.

Crap Newsman said...

I highly doubt if NPR or any mainstream media would tell you that a Catholic organization is causing the market crashes (google Legatus reinhardt), or that Dubai just got the US Missile Defense shield (to be delivered end of the year) or that India just ordered 40,000 cluster bombs (they will go after Pakistan.) War is coming.

Anonymous said...

My housemates and I just watched Zoolander a few days ago. All I can say is, <3 Zoolander. ^_^