Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tutor Aerobics

Many of my coworkers from the high school go to LA Fitness, like myself. Viv does the ab aerobics class every Monday night. I'd often see her as she was leaving it. We got to talking after one of those times and she suggested we make it a Tutor Aerobics night. It started as Viv, Gonzo, and myself. Joe and Karl now join us so I'm not the lone guy in the class.

So Monday nights are now Dinner and Aerobics. We text each other Monday and decide on a place to eat. Last night we had burritos at Charo Chicken, then we walked across the parking lot to the fitness center for our aerobics. It is a pretty intense class. You're moving nonstop and adding risers to the step. We all pretty much have the moves down. There is an emphasis on abs, so there are several moves we do that focus on that. Then the last 15 minutes of class it is "intense abs" where you put the aerobics equipment away and you do ab exercises like the bicycle, curl ups, and several other things. Your abs kill the next day. I enjoy getting to hang out with my coworkers and talk.

2 comments:

A Lewis said...

Hey, thanks for visting my site and commenting. I'm sort of a newcomer to the gym scene and totally understand how the abs (and everything else!) hurts the next day. I'm in yoga 2-3 times a week right now which is one hell of a workout. Stay in touch.....

Aek said...

Hurray for working out with coworkers! :P

I went to the gym today. Man, 3-4 weeks of not going really takes its toll on you when you do go. o.O