Monday, March 9, 2009

Maternity leave

Mike... i'm gonna be on maternity leave on wednesday and friday. will you take notes for me in class? - elyssa

This was a message I received shortly after my Spanish class from Elyssa. I was just thinking "wow." I e-mailed her back and said I would because she has taken notes for me and things like that in the past. Seriously though? Sounds like a hilarious excuse for being off school- had I not known she were pregnant.

A 5 day maternity leave and you're back at school? She's only 21! 2 years ago when I first met her she was telling her entire Spanish class that she was worried she was pregnant and would have to keep her baby because she's so pro life. She never showed, so I assumed she wasn't pregnant. Back in January she started to show, and today when we were leaving class she told me she was going to go have her daughter.

And on a pregnancy note Carrie in my Spanish class, the annoying Asian girl with a Spanish boyfriend, who always bitched about her problems was also pregnant. She was really pregnant at the beginning of the schoolyear in September. I found out she gave birth to a girl on a Thursday, then was back at school on Friday in mid-February and was suddenly not pregnant.

1 comment:

Aek said...

Wow, crazy stuff. o.O