Saturday, March 7, 2009

My coming out (to friends and acquaintances)

I went over to Carl's last night. He was the guy I went to the gay club with the previous Friday. This was his ex-wife's last night in town and he wanted me to hang out with them. We met at about 7p.m., then the 3 of us ran to Blockbuster and Pizza Hut. We got a medium pizza, then sat on his bed watching "House Bunny" and snacking on pizza. Pretty funny movie.

We all take off for the club at 9:30. We arrive at 10. Pulling in I see a car of someone I know. His name is Grant and we went to high school together. Why do I know it is him? His license plate frame has his name, and I've seen him driving the car before. I make a comment that I know the guy. Carl and his ex say that I will maybe be lucky with him. We get in the club and make our way through the bar out to the patio. Who do I see? Grant. Carl and his ex are showing me photos of them on their cell phone, then their friend Nicole shows up. We introduce ourselves, then my friend Grant comes over to introduce himself like he is one of our group. I tell everyone this is Grant and I've known him since Kindergarten. They laugh, ask if it is true. Then he shakes everyones hand and we talk about cell phones since he asks what kind Carl has. It was at the point of being awkward because Grant was very talkative and not really comfortable in his surroundings. Grant? Mormon boy. He was there for his birthday. Now I'm questioning whether or not he is or isn't gay. Anyways. He asked me how I met Carl and we said school. He found out Carl's wife was a lesbian and was all over Nicole, so it was easy for Grant I think to realize Carl and I were "together" last night and so yes, I am gay. Well, that was interesting. We invite him to go to the drag show because he had never seen one and we had VIP seats. He says he'd rather stand in the background.

We go inside to get our drinks at the bar because seating is just about to start for the drag show. Standing at the bar I see my neighbor Ryan. He is 23, military guy, about 6'2'', blond, and a complete jerk. Nobody in the neighborhood likes him. He drives a Mitsubishi Eclipse and is always seen with his girlfriend and a couple other girls in his car. He was there and we made eye contact standing at the bar to order drinks. It was the "Oh, you're here," disgusted look. I just sort of smile, then go back to my business. I ordered a Jack and coke.

After we got our drinks VIP seating began and we were called. We sat up in the stools off to the right of the stage. While sitting there, I thought I saw Aaron. I shoot him a text, though I was hesitant because I DO NOT TEXT AFTER LIKE 10P.M. in case someone is asleep. Aaron is a pretty distinctive looking guy, and though he lives 3 cities away, or 30 miles, I was almost 100% positive. I kept looking over and see a guy with a drink in his hand around a latino guy. I told Carl I was going to go investigate, but there were so many people crowding around to see the show I couldn't get over to where I saw him, so I return to my seat.

The show was supposedly a "Dreamgirls" revue. There was 1 Dreamgirls song. There was songs from Cher like "Strong Enough," and "After All." There was even a drag queen who dressed up as Boy George and sang "Do You Really Want to Hurt Me?" and "Karma Chameleon." He was the best and got the most applause. My neighbor Ryan? He raised his hand that it was his first drag show and was moving his arms, head, and stuff like that to the music. He had a stack of dollar bills he was giving out to each drag queen.

There was a hot, young guy with slicked gray hair that I kept eyeing during the drag show. He was really hot, except he gave off that queeny vibe. He will be important later, so I bring him up.

After the drag show I use the restroom and there is a black guy with curly hair talking about how badly he needs to go. He is joking that the guys in front of me, 2 older brown headed guys maybe in their 30s were taking so long to use the bathroom. They talked about how the pressure was slowing them down. Then the black guy made a comment about how he may pee himself. Then one of the guys said he'd pee on him. He turns around and shows his probably 8'' thick, cut dick, then turns back around and finishes peeing.

Out on the patio I see Ryan again. He is smoking 3 cigarettes, which looks really strange. He has one in his left hand he is smoking, then one between his pinky and second finger in, and another where you usually hold a cigarette. He is taking drags on all 3, albeit not very well. He is talking with some of the guys he is with who also strike me as military guys.

Back inside I pass Aaron again I'm positive. He is flirting with the guy right near the entrance. I stare some more making sure it is him. The music starts and the 4 of us (Nicole, Carl's ex, Carl, and I) dance. I look over at Aaron and he waves. I wave too. I break away from the group to go over to talk to him. We hug and he asks how I'm doing, tells me he was surprised I actually got out. He asked how The Guy was. He asked who I was with and I pointed Carl out who was about 10 feet from us. I asked him what he was doing there and he said that it was Friday night, so he was having a drink. The music was loud, so we couldn't really talk, but it was nice to confirm it was him. He was soooo hot. As the night progressed I saw him dancing with the guy he was with He was a great dancer. Looked damn hot with a drink in his hand, standing out on the dance floor. I was trying to make my way over to him a couple times to dance near him. He was definitely wanting to be the center of attention.

The gray haired queeny guy was ALL over the dance floor that I brought up earlier. He was making his way from the sides to the center, and his shirt said "there is a diamond in my ass." I was joking with Carl I'd like to find out. Queeny guy brushed up against me several times and was feeling my ass. I felt his up too. He felt Carl up too, and pretty much everyone around him. A guy and girl come up to him shortly after Carl was felt up and It was Sean. Sean was a kid from my high school/college whom is a year older than me. I knew he was gay in high school. We've chatted online once or twice via AIM when we found each other on connexion or something and then we realized who each other was. His response was "I think I've seen you around at the high school," which translates to "I'm really not interested in you, but I know you who you are." He sees me around at LA Fitness all the time however. He always looks the other way. So he was there with queeny guy. They were holding hands, dancing, and drinking together. We saw each other and just acknowledged each other's presence. I think he was somewhat bothered. Who cares. Anyways, Carl joked that since I know him and he is with Queeny guy, he is probably as queeny. And last night, Sean seemed that way.

So we dance some more to stuff we weren't really familiar with. Then about 1:10 Carl's ex is hungry and wants to leave. I wanted to stay around and would have, had I not been the one driving. I wanted to try to talk to Aaron and dance with him. I was also wanting to dance more in general.

We go outside and decide to go to Dennys. When we get there there are people we saw from the club filtering in. It is packed at 1a.m. It is a small Dennys. The ex orders fries, chicken fingers, mozzarella sticks, and salad for us all to share. We snack on that, make random jokes, the ex-wife tells me how hot I am, an random stuff like that. It was fun. In the parking lot after we ate, Carl's ex wife and I are dancing with each other and I'm sure it looked pretty dirty- grinding up on each other, me grabbing her ass, her grabbing mine. Then we all say our goodbyes. She is going back to Baltimore today. Carl didn't cry like he thought he would.

I drop Carl off at 2:10 and head home. Get home at 2:40a.m. and wake up about a half dozen times between 3a.m. and 9a.m. I get up at 9a.m.

3 comments:

Aek said...

Wow, that's a lot of people you know randomly in one place. o.O

Is your town small (somehow I don't think so)? Or is that the only gay club for miles around?

Mike said...

My city has 265,000 people. This is one of the only gay clubs for about 30 miles.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading about your night...I haven't been to many gay clubs so it was interesting to hear about allt he ass grabbing that goes on! When I did go, I'd usually go alone, that probably isn't the way to do it, sounds like going with friends gives you a safe haven to go and keep the night going, if that makes sense, especially when you see people that make it a little freaky as your not sure who you'll run into and all that.

Military guy must be gay, three cigarettes, what a dooshbag! ha. I hope you get to talk to the hot guy you like again (Aaron? I think that's his name).

Good stories, have a good weekend.