Friday, March 13, 2009

Our antibiotics would battle it out

The Guy and I both are on antibiotics this week. You may remember we didn't hang out Tuesday because of his bronchitis and my sinus infection. I'm still on the antibiotics and so is he. He feels fine, but he is still experiencing painful chest coughs.

I called him about 1 today. I tried to talk to him 4-5 times yesterday as he was out jogging. Probably not the best thing, but he hadn't eaten healthy and felt fat. He was also sick. He called about 2p.m. and I talked to him. He told me about being sick all week, I told him about my week, and stuff like that. Josh called last night. After he said that he broke down and became uneasy. He asked what I was doing and I said nothing. I was at home enjoying the aloneness. I told him my dad had been home the past 3 weeks. He has been off work because his blood pressure was so high the doctor put him on a mandatory leave. It was nice having my dad home to an extent, but it became intrusive. Picture Mrs. Doubtfire cleaning, vacuuming, cooking, plus yardwork, and secretary. My dad would come in my room and say, "I'm running the vacuum, want me to vacuum yours?" It was nice, but um.... well... I missed my space. He said well, I should come over. I agreed I could because I do have a pretty good immune system and I'm still on antibiotics.

Get to his house about 3:45. He asked me to stop by CVS to pick up his happy pills. I get them and they didn't make a fuss, which surprised me. He called while I was there and told me they didn't have the cough syrup he needed. He did want Robitussin DM. I looked and couldn't find it for the longest time. Someone put the lone bottle on the Alka Seltzer making it hard to find. I found Robitussin CM. I also found generics like Saratussin or something like that. He said "screw those" and I joked how I knew he wanted the full effect brand name. Then he wanted to know the flavors. They aren't listed on Robitussin. The only thing I taste about Robitussin is it tastes nasty. I buy the big giant bottle since it is on sale and take off.

Get to his place and say hello, then he goes to open up the Robitussin. He takes some while I go to the bathroom and he tells me it tastes bad. He said I was going back later for his doctor's cough medicine she prescribed. I laughed at him and his complaints.

We sit down and watch some movie that was a wannabe Kung Fu thing with Chinese people. The Guy joked how he could totally speak Chinese and said random jibberish and told me how it was right. I told him he was so good. He agreed he was and had the inflections down.

We make small talk about things going on. I tell him about seeing Aaron and how Aaron thought my friend Carl was cute. I told him how Carl is butthurt that I am not interested in him and how he is calling me giving me drama. We joked how we should both go out drinking and smoking (NEITHER OF US SMOKE- JUST TO MAKE IT CLEAR) to calm down and how we both have differences in guys we like, but we still can have a commonality. Case in point when we were looking at hot guys on myspace later in the evening. I thought one was hot, he didn't, but we always found a few we agreed on.

I talk to my cousin Kat who calls while I'm sitting on the couch. Rumor has it I'm graduating. She wasn't the first to know. She wasn't going to be. She is a distant relation- my aunt's extended family. She wanted to know what I was doing, when, she wants tickets, wants to know if there was going to be a big party. I said low key to my parents. My parents want to do something big, but basically with the economy and things like that we agreed low key. I have a feeling we'll wind up with a big family party, which is ok, but not what I planned. I love how I'm not the one planning my graduation and she is the one who wants to, or finds it important to know. The Guy bascially laughed and sided with me- go small because of the economy.

Zach calls while the movie is on about 5p.m. since he just got off work. The Guy told him about the one guy he really liked at the club I was at last week. The Guy went Thursday night. I was actually going to be there then with Carl. Anyways, this guy hasn't returned his calls. He talked about Navar and then some guy MIke he has also fucked that are potentials. Navar is only 19. He was texting him back and forth also. Anyways, he told me about the Josh thing. Josh called to say how he has no reason to apologize and calling was apologizing. He has been through so much. He used the line that "if The Guy really knew him, he would know what Josh wanted." The Guy was civil and basically Josh has turned to pot, smoking, drinking, broke up with Jackie, is hanging out with his 1 gay friend, went to 2 gay bars, and still doesn't know if he is gay, but doesn't think so. The Guy just encouraged him to get counseling. The Guy talked about how well he handled that and listened to Zach's guy stories. The Guy talked about how strong he has been (because of friends) and how he took action and assessed the situation, is in therapy, has a new trainer, and stuff like that.

Shortly after Zach is off the phone Josh texts. He goes crazy. I can see it in him. He tells me how he knew it was going to happen. So instead we look at pics of Navar on facebook since The Guy friended him. He had 250 pics we went through. Then we played stalker looking for the Mike guy, or maybe his name was Nate. Anyways, we looked for him. The Guy did name searches, area searches, then friends who might know him on myspace. We went through several friend pages looking at hot guys, and one of the guys THe Guy knows is dating/married to a hot guy named Steve I went to high school with who I always knew was gay. We talked about how small the gay world is and everyone knows everyone. I saw that with how The Guy knew this friend, who was married to Steve, who knew a bunch of guys The Guy did, guys I had seen on myspace, out in clubs, or stuff like that. Fun times. We do that for probably an hour. At the end I show him my myspace on my iPhone so he can see the 2 guys I'm interested in.

While all of this is going on we're watching "10,000 BC" and The Guy talks about how the music is from King Arthur's Court, how it is such a typical movie with a father figure, a dad relationship, and the typical jungle stuff. We made some funny reference. I wish I knew what was going on, but suddenly the white guy being chased by all the animals, main character ended up in a group of natives. The Guy said it is like "The Jeffersons." Then he started singing the song or something, then suddenly they were up in a hut or something and I said, "that's the deluxe apartment in the sky." He agreed. Then the guy took some food and ate it. He said, "oh yum," or something like that. I said "Florence!" in my best George Jefferson voice (because Florence is the maid who was always being yelled at by Mr. J). That was pretty funny.

I swear "The Jeffersons" is one of the best shows because it is so applicable to everything, it is in pop culture everywhere, and things like that. I know 3-4 times before The Guy and I have also sang or done random things like this related to the Jeffersons, but they're cool.



So The Guy asks if I will run to CVS. I said sure. I drive up there, park, go in, and they laugh when I am back at the pharmacy. They didn't refill his prescription, though his doctor called it in. 15 minutes they said. I texted The Guy and said "Are you hungry? I'll bring dinner- my treat." It was my treat for all of his help with my computer a week back. It was my treat because I haven't paid for dinner in a long time since it has been Jeff and I there most of the time when we are hanging and The Guy is volunteering to pay. I ask where to go since The Guy texts back "healthy." He names places at my requests and I told him to decide. I go to a sandwich place he mentions. He wants a turkey sandwich with no mayo, no cheese, but avocado. I order that for him and a roast beef with arugula for me. The woman who helped me was a little Chinese lady who was just so sweet. She was asking me how I was doing, and just really sweet. I get the food, then drive back to CVS. I talk to The Guy on the way who decided he needed candles larger than tea candles for a new candle holder he bought. He changes his mind 5 minutes later when he calls me again when I'm at CVS.

I get the food and prescription, then go back to his place. He is vacuuming and cleaning up. He has lit candles. He wants to feel better. His house smelled like Vicks Vapor Rub all afternoon. It wasn't bad. Anyways, we sit down and eat and watch Bill Maher. Sarah Silverman is on. She's the one fucking Matt Damon. She just broke it off with Jimmy Kimmel, by the way, again. So he eats the salad and half of his sandwich. He then does his testosterone shots while I finish eating. We stand around and make random talk about stuff. Then he decides he is tired and wants to shower and go to bed. We were going to hug, but then realized we need to keep our distance.

I thanked him for everything and he thanked me for picking up the prescriptions. I left about 8:15p.m.

I hope this post makes some sense- I may have been smoking some pot while typing it. Nah. I'm just scatterbrained right now, mind is wandering, nerves, thoughts, horniness, worries, stress from school, and things like that are all contributing factors.

1 comment:

A Lewis said...

Get off of the antibiotics for a sinus infection....that's not bacterial and only serves to worsen your immune system.....any doctor ought to know that. Instead, hit your CVS or Walgreens and pick up the NeilMed sinus flushing system...it works ...we use it every single day of the year. Check it out:

http://www.neilmed.com/usa/sinusrinse.php