Friday, August 13, 2010

I'm not always mean after 9 or 10p.m.

Just to show that I'm not always mean after 9 or 10pm when the phone rings like when Carla calls...

10:13 last night I get a call from Darla.
Darla: Oh, hey Mike.
Me: Hey, what's going on?
Darla: Oh, I got a flat tire on my way home from the local community college.
Me: Again? (Darla is known for getting flat tires.)
Darla: Oh yeah, I did, gee golly gosh. I already called Honda.
Me: Cool.
Darla: Honda Roadside Assistance will be 2 hours, though. Remember my parents are in India.
Me: Oh dang.
Darla: And it's late, and I know you know how to change a tire.
Me: (interrupting) and so I'm the big sexy, strong guy you want to come change it?
Darla: Yes, big sexy guy.
Me: Ahhhhhhhhhhhh... it is late... I do need my beauty sleep. I'll get wrinkles and bags below my eyes if you make me stay up late. Princess, you know you can't get rid of wrinkles.
Darla: You're on break, you can catch up anytime.
Me: Only because I love you I'll consider going.
Darla: I'm at 15th and 4th Avenue by Jack in the Box. We'll get Starbucks after.
Me: Ok, I'll be there shortly.
Darla: There's some shady people around.

So at 10:15 I set out to take care of her tire. It was her back left tire. It took about 15 minutes to get there, another 20 or so to change the tire, then 15 minutes home. It was easy, and I didn't mind doing it.

No comments: