Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Sitting and talking at the kitchen table

The Guy texted me Monday asking if I was free for lunch Wednesday. I texted him back yes, of course, when have I refused food? This was after I texted him and called him a couple times trying to get together, but he's being bad at picking up the phone again. I can continue to harass him about that he said.

I texted him about 9 this morning asking when we'd meet, and he said 3 today. That was perfect for me.

I got to his place and he was in the bathroom obsessing over his looks because a face mask he used yesterday caused a rash on his face. We hugged, then he got us some Hawaiian punch or something that was red and tasted like that that he had in a pitcher. We sat down at his kitchen and table since he finally had kitchen chairs and he told me how he was so anxious. He just sort of vented about everything. Loves his boyfriend Robert. He told me how he was on edge with him earlier this week when he found photos of that guy The Guy went to visit in Wisconsin several months back. They basically talked and things are perfect again. They talked about how the the enamoration period of the relationship is over and both of them are scared, but optimistic. He told me the sex was great, though they're still using condoms, he's ok with bottoming, etc. etc.

I told him about my life. I've been doing a lot of writing, reading, interviewing, helping my dad around the house with things like installing insulation. I told him about Rick (pool party guy)- he knew about the part where he wanted car sex and we hadn't discussed it any further. I told how crazy Rick has become. He's texted me telling me we are meant for each other, asking where I am, what I'm doing, why I haven't written back, how I must hate him, how he was ready to introduce me to his twin brother because he's convinced we are meant for each other, and I'm now family. You get the idea. I've really ignored his texts. He is still texting 2-3 times a day at least. I ignore it, or tell him I have a life, am busy, can't talk, and leave the conversations on a very generic level.

We go out to the jacuzzi so he could calm down and he tells me about the gym. He has been spending the past 2 weeks stretching at the gym with his trainer- only doing that- his flexibility is horrible. I was surprised, but he showed me, and I see what he meant. I helped him do some arm stretches. Oh, and I ate a bowl of pasta with balsamic vinaigrette that he made while out there. He told me about his dogs, random other stuff.

We go back in and sit down and talk about him being stoned every night with Robert. Robert needs to be stoned enough to be sexual. He told me about all the pot they smoke together, and the pot vaporizer they found that supposedly eliminates the carcinogens, but has the ____ (I forget the name) of the hallucinogen in it that makes you high. You basically fill up a bag with the stuff, suck the bag in, and get high. Interesting. He tells me about the renovations being done on the carport. He tells me how his back has hurt so much, but he doesn't think he needs a physical therapist he joked because he has enough therapists/coaches in his life like a writing coach, therapist, 2 trainers, and so that may be one too many. He tells me he is stopping his testosterone injections because his levels are more or less normal now, and he may lose weight by doing that.

I told The Guy about my interviews and bounced some thoughts off of him, which was cool.

We go get the dogs and he tells me how the dogs have been doing. We run into the cute gay guy that he asked for his phone number, but never called because he fell in love with Robert that same weekend, and The Guy felt awkward. I told him to hook me up with him. He was cute and successful.

The Guy and I talk about how radio volume levels change based on the number of people in the car. He said 25-40 is perfect when he is in the car alone. I told him in mine I keep it around 20 if it is just me in the car. Just yesterday my sister was complaining it was too loud on 9 with 3 people in the car and it ended up down to about 6 where we could all talk, and you could just barely hear the radio. We agreed that the radio just barely audible was the perfect level for multiple people in the car.

We get back to his place and he reminds me of Jeff's birthday this weekend. Jeff doesn't have a lot of friends, so The Guy is inviting people Jeff hangs around. It dawned on me tonight that Jeff probably doesn't. Jeff is an interesting/hard to get along with character at times. Jeff only ever talks about his roommate at the moment or his friend Jeff, or a failed date. Jeff and I don't even get along all that well. We're cordial toward each other, but we wouldn't be friends/acquaintances if it weren't that we were both friends with The Guy.

No comments: