Thursday, August 5, 2010

AVON Lady Part 2

It was 10:38 last night, and my mom was getting ready to go to sleep so she could get up to go to work this morning. My dad, sister, and I were still up watching TV, but I was about to hop in the bath when the phone rang. I look on the caller ID and see the following:

Carla AVON
951-xxx-xxxx

I pick up the phone and this is our conversation:

Me: Bitch, it's late.
Hang phone up, phone rings again probably 30 seconds later. I answer
Me: Who calls at 10:40 at night?
Carla: Young man, does your mom know you are talking like this?
Me: Young lady, she practically wrote the book on being a bitch.
Carla: This is so insulting. I'm 65 years old, I've lost my husband, son, and wrecked my car, nobody's going to talk to me like this.
Me: Ok.
Carla: I'm going to call back and I want to talk to your mom.
In my mind I'm thinking calling back is going to make all of the difference?

My dad was perturbed by this point and said if she called back, he was handling it.
Phone rings again at 10:44
Dad: Whose speaking?
Carla: Carla
Dad: Oh, yeah, my wife's not around. I don't think she wants to talk to you. I don't think she wants to buy any of your shit. I don't think you will be calling this late again. You don't have permission to call this late. Your calling is disturbing. I get up early. I would like to relax in the evenings without hearing your sorry ass on the phone. I wouldn't suggest calling at this hour again.
Click on the phone call end button

And then we talked for a good 10-15 minutes how much that lady annoys us while my mom was in the bath.

4 comments:

Aek said...

Hahaha, pwned!!

Mind Of Mine said...

Aek, got their first.

PWNED!

Anonymous said...

Good brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.

Dean Grey said...

Yikes!

Couldn't you have just politely said, "We're not interested. Please remove our name and number from the calling list."

Problem solved!

-Dean