Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Random thoughts: Things in my life the past few weeks

1. Sometimes you make something out to be worse in your mind than it really is.
2. Fear is a big thing, and sometimes you just have to conquer it.
3. Just do it
4. I need to remember to live in the moment.
5. Don't borrow worry.
6. It will all work out.
7. If you don't think it will at the moment, take a nap.
- All of those points relate to work and interviewing for various positions.
8. Don't obsess. It'll get done.
- In response to my essay for my online class.
9. I must have something to offer someone.
- In regards to being called for interviews.
10. I have had several great opportunities to interview for jobs I'm interested in, and that's so great for the experience, but also nice when I know so many are less fortunate.
11. I have some pretty incredible friends who know me very well.
12. I like food.
- I am on a mission to visit all those cool new food trucks. hahahaha... yeah... right...
13. There are some genuinely nice people in this world.
- There are 3-4 school secretaries that I'm just sooooo appreciative of.
14. I'm saddened I haven't got to go anywhere this summer like Florida. I feel bad because there's a certain someone I'd like to see.
15. Taylor Swift seems to come up in every other conversation, and let me be the first to go on record and say she has no talent.
Hi, my name is Taylor Swift. I'm tall, langy, and awkward. I am supposed to be performing, but I don't really know what to do. I'll just dance in the water and get my dress all wet.

3 comments:

Phunk Factor said...

Lately we've gotten a score of artist tht aren't all that incredible wen it comes to performing live!

Sure...they turn out multi-platinum albums, bt can they sing live?

Hell no!

Take a look at Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus.....all have gone platinum but can't sing a note to save their life!

I admit I'm a huge Katy Perry fan bt she can't perform live.....n I do confess being in love with some of Taylor songs bt there is not an ounce of talent in her wen it comes to singing live!

It's sad to see these artists shutting out the likes of Carrie Underwood!

Mind Of Mine said...

It will all work out in the end - I live by this motto.

I agree with Phunk as well, the shine will often go, when I see an artist I enjoy absolutely murdering their own songs, when sung live.

Anonymous said...

"I must have something to offer someone." Of course you do, and not just future employers. :]